Welcome to the Hampton Roads Super Coupe Club Forum

Yep, sure is. I retired from the navy a couple of years ago. I don't live there anymore, but I still keep in touch with everyone. The club is still active, so just post something introducing yourself. It's a great group of guys.

Mike

Thanks!

Im restoring a 92 SC. The guy before me outfitted it with alcohol injection, engine less than 64k, trans has less than 50k miles. I was a victim of hit and run here in Guam and have slowly rebuilt her. She has a new suspension, fuel pump, power steering pump, two new window motors, full performance tune up, among tons of other stuff in the past year. Its being painted right now (black with metallic silver) and once in VA I will do more of that. Im looking to redo the interior fabric, and paint the bezels. I also need a new booster for the ABS system.

Sounds great. What are the details? How often do they meet?

We're kind of a splintered group right now. 2 of the locals sc's are down and another one is MIA..............:confused: Another couple of locals are only seen at Jenros and one who lives in Chesapeake has disowned us, I guess we're not good enough for him.......:rolleyes:

When you move back here what city are you going to live in?

Last edited:
We're kind of a splintered group right now. 2 of the locals sc's are down and another one is MIA..............:confused: Another couple of locals are only seen at Jenros and one who lives in Chesapeake has disowned us, I guess we're not good enough for him.......:rolleyes:

When you move back here what city are you going to live in?

.....hopefully not down for too much longer.......gonna be resurrected even badder than before............
z

Can I even be considered as an inactive member if I have never been active?? Just cause I have 2 birds, neither is fit to be seen in public.. Someday I'll make it to Jenro's....

Just got word that my Tbird needs new door hinges by the guys doing the body work/paint. Weird... they work fine for me. Picking it up Saturday! Any advice on aftercare with the paint?

The bronze or brass bushings in these doors wear over time, causing the door to sag, because of how long & heavy the doors are. The drivers door usually goes 1st due to more usage.

Usually it's the bottom hinge. I just went to the local Pick N Pull and found a good solid hinge off of a t-bird.

I just had my car painted 2 weeks ago and my painter told me not to wax it for 60 days.

I feel like my car is a NASA shuttle that can't quite get of the launch pad. Every time I think it's 'all systems go' there's always some problem that delays the launch. :rolleyes:

Although, I think I skirted what I thought were two serious problems with my nonfunctioning brakes and leaking/smoking coolant. It turned out to be a seized pump motor (which I freed up) and a loose hose clamp. I had a O2 sensor that couldn't reach the harness, so I had to make an intermediate connector to mate the two. All I have left now is the rough engine, which I hope was corrected with some ground strap tweaking...but, I haven't started her up yet. So, well see.

I do think my OEM '69 Mach 1 hood scoop does look cool on my car though.
I'm up in the air on making it functional as a heat extractor or not. What do you think. And, if I do make it functional, how do I keep water from pouring on to my engine during a rain?

Back