Whats easier to work on ?

• Ford Thunderbird SuperCoupes

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • Ford Taurus SHO

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

Spider

Ford super coupes or ford SHO ?

I'm thinking about trading or selling my SC for maybe a SHO maybe like a 1998 with a automatic since my car has allot of miles on it i want to get rid of it.

looking for something a little easier to work on.

don't say there easy just because you work on them everyday and can take anything apart on these car in 10 Min's :p
if you wher a novice mechanic and had to work on these cars what would you pick >?

Last edited:
Youll kick yourself forever for giving up the SC for a SHO. Dont do it. Just stick it out and find a nicer SC

i was thinking about a nicer SC but the SHO motor looks so much cooler when you open the Hood :rolleyes: and the SHO has 235HP Stock :D was looknig at the 1998 SHO pretty nice looking under the hood. :)

I would say that SC are easier to work on. I think that you will hate the SHO, but i couls be wrong. Yes, the SHO may have 235 HP stock and have a V8, but you must remember that it is a front wheel drive car, and well i hate front wheel drive wanna be hot rods. Just my opinion......

Derek

The V8 SHO is by far easier to work on....you will be disapointed with the performance though, I know I was!

i thought performance was better ? even on the consumer guide says there better, they scored a 7 for performance :rolleyes:

doug93sc said:
The V8 SHO is by far easier to work on....you will be disapointed with the performance though, I know I was!

Those V-8 SHO's are pretty fast for being a family car. One impressed me when it beat my 96 park avenue. Not that my buick is super fast, but it does alright with the series II 3800, and that SHO blew me away.

From this family car brother to another, I gotta give those cars props.:)
lol

Depends what kind of work you plan on doing to the vehicle. The SC's are easy to work on, but they tend to have more problems, so you end up working on them more often.
If you have to pull the engine or do major work, id prefer the SC. The Taurus Front wheel drive sucks, you have to pull the half shafts out to even get to the rear motor mounts, Ive worked on a couple Taurus's with engine problems .. wasnt all that much work and fairly easy to get to most of the parts, so I voted for the SHO. Front wheel drive just isnt my thing, I actually hate them and would never buy one, I'll take a RWD Thunderbird anyday.

- Dan

Spider said:
i thought performance was better ? even on the consumer guide says there better, they scored a 7 for performance :rolleyes:

Performance is better with the V-6 SHO than the V-8. In my personal experience I pulled away from a V-8 SHO pretty easily on the highway years ago, I was not impressed at all.

Spider said:
Ford super coupes or ford SHO ?

I'm thinking about trading or selling my SC for maybe a SHO maybe like a 1998 with a automatic since my car has allot of miles on it i want to get rid of it.

looking for something a little easier to work on.

don't say there easy just because you work on them everyday and can take anything apart on these car in 10 Min's :p
if you wher a novice mechanic and had to work on these cars what would you pick >?

If you get a v8 sho.. makesure the cams have been welded.. you can find all the information you need on shoforums.com about the v6 or v8 sho... good place to buy a well maintained one also, i have 94 sho mtx and 9 months ago purchased a 90 sc between the 2 i think i am going to go broke keeping both cars well maintained

SC all the way

I'd rather have the SC cause it is both easier to work on, and has better performance. SC is my vote. I hate front wheel drive, I hate N/A, and I hate the taurus. Buuuuuut........... to each his own, so do you.

Yes taurus is one of the Ugliest cars out there. kinda looks like a whale shark

whale%20shark%201.jpg

20130010.jpg

Sc Or Sho

I Have A 93 Sho 5spd 3.0 V6 And It's Faster Than Those Newer V8 Ones But I Would Rather Have My 94sc Than Either One Of Those. Just My .02

Mike

Back