Plug Wires

Lsquared

Has anyone used the 3.8litre live wires spark plug wires on their sc? Im not sure if i should purchase these wires or if i should just get a pair of 8.8 mm accell wires?

I just bought a set of Ford racing wires for a 96 ,4.6 but I think I got them from MN12 or Summit. Never had a problem. I think they were 9mm blue

i have had the best luck with stock wires. honestly i wouldnt go with any other ones unless you need to make serious spark. i had a set of blue taylors, and they just wasnt working so i switched back to stock, and they worked out much better for me. i have heard that the magnecore wires work well but dont know for sure, but those are probably the only two i would suggest that you use.

btw nice looking car

The Ford blue wires were about as much as dealer wanted for stock. Now when you go to auto zone ,Napa, carquest you wind up with the house brand and are not stock wires unless they say motorcraft.

scbird1 said:
The Ford blue wires were about as much as dealer wanted for stock. Now when you go to auto zone ,Napa, carquest you wind up with the house brand and are not stock wires unless they say motorcraft.

Do you have a part number for those? or did you just ask for Ford racing wires for an SC.

Taylor spiro pro series 8mm w/135 degree boot #074269 (red) or #074669 (blue) are direct replacments for the stock wires and will last much longer.

David

Who carries those David? I looked for those all over and nodda one place had them. As far a part # for the ford wires, just go to summit.com. You get 8 wires from the 4.6 , 2 extra for good luck

scbird1 said:
Who carries those David? I looked for those all over and nodda one place had them. As far a part # for the ford wires, just go to summit.com. You get 8 wires from the 4.6 , 2 extra for good luck

So wires from a 4.6 fit no problem? Just get rid of the two that you dont need.

Thank You David

Just purchased a set for my 89.
Only ONE out of like 7 parts stores I called/visited had a set for our cars, and they were $80! The Pacific NW is NOT the place to go for SC plugs or wires!
I hung-up before the guy got to what brand they were!

paul

Where to find wires in BC?

Hey guys,

I went and got the Taylor wires and when we went to replace them we discovered they didn't have the right kind of connectors for the coil end -- even though they were listed as being for my car (1990 3.8L V6 Supercharged). These came from Mopac .... so then I went to Lordco and they had NGK wires that were supposed to be replacement for the stock ones, and same problem -- the connector was just a plain female boot type, not the prong that is on theire currently.

I REALLY want to replace the stock ones with blue -- just cuz I like the look of them. Anybody encountered this problem with the wrong connector type and can tell me where I might find the right ones? The pictures shown in the links in this thread don't look like the same connectors as are on my stock ones either.

Thanks!

P/N Please?

TBirdLady said:
I went and got the Taylor wires and when we went to replace them we discovered they didn't have the right kind of connectors for the coil end -- even though they were listed as being for my car (1990 3.8L V6 Supercharged).
Do you remember what P/N those Taylor plug wires were?

68COUGAR

no but I can find out.

However they insisted (like argued with me vehemently when I returned them) that they had sold me the correct ones for my vehicle.

Back