MN12/FN10 Diff Cover Braces and Rear Shock Tower Braces

racecougar

A limited supply of both of these braces will be available starting on March 27th (next Monday).

AzzKicker Cars Rear Differential Cover Brace: $135 shipped anywhere in the continental U.S.

These braces reduce the load on the weak rear differential cover, preventing the cover from breaking under load. These are made from 1/4" thick steel, are painted gloss black, and come with the four required longer bolts. This brace fits any 89-97 Tbird/Cougar as well as any 93-98 Mark 8.

diffbrace2.jpg

diffbrace3.jpg

diffbrace.jpg

This is what can happen without this brace installed:

brokencover.jpg

AzzKicker Cars Rear Shock Tower Brace: $45 shipped anywhere in the continental U.S.

These braces strengthen the rear shock towers by connecting them. The end result is less body flex, for a much more stable feeling in the twisties. These braces mount to the strongest part of the rear shock towers. The supplied hardware goes through several layers of sheetmetal for a strong, secure attachment. This brace fits any 89-97 Tbird/Cougar. It may fit 93-98 Mark 8's, however I have not confirmed this as of yet. This brace can be installed without removing the shocks, though a compact or right angle drill or a short drill bit is necessary due to the confines of the area. These braces come painted gloss black.

RSTB1.jpg

RSTB2.jpg

RSTB3.jpg

Depending on the demand for these, we may consider making other braces for MN12's and FN10's in the future.

I accept paypal or money order. Buyers will need to cover the paypal fee if they choose that payment option. The paypal fee for the differential cover brace will be $5, and the fee for the rear shock tower brace will be $2. Please contact me at rodsv6cougar@cs.com for ordering information.

-Rod

Last edited:
I just want to make sure everyone sees these. I've already received a few "pre" orders on both braces. I should have enough of both braces in stock on Monday to start shipping these out.

If anyone else is ready for either of these braces, please send me an email for ordering info. I'll need to know whether you would like to use paypal or money order.

Thanks,
Rod

These braces are officially for sale now.

However, I've had so many "pre-orders", that all of the diff cover braces that I had in stock are already sold. If you place an order for a diff cover brace, we should be able to have it made for you in about one week. These are being made on a first come first serve basis. As soon as I receive your order for one, we'll start building one for you.

We do have plenty of rear shock tower braces in stock and ready to ship.

-Rod

acb92sc said:
What About Subframe Connectors Or Front Strut Tower Braces?

We are looking into making other MN12 related braces. We just want to see how well these two braces sell before we start building jigs for other braces. So far, these things have been selling like crazy.

I will certainly take note of your suggestion. I know that I would like to have a set of subframe connectors on one of my personal cars, so my vote lies there, too. :D

-Rod

Got mine!

I picked up my diff brace at the post office today. Might install it this weekend. Any suggestions on the best way to install it while losing the least amount of diff fluid? I was thinking of slightly loosening all the diff bolts so the cover doesn't "open up" when only one side is relieved.

pablon2, I can't answer that with complete certainty, since I installed mine while the centersection was out of the car on a workbench. However, I would imagine that if you just remove those four cover bolts it shouldn't leak any fluid out.

-Rod

Link........!

Am interested in this, now all I need to do is find some money, hmmm, sell the dog!!! Sell myself, nahhh! who the hell would want a..... never mind. cheers and thank Oden good weather is here!!! W.L.

We were able to build another batch of each of these braces over the past couple days, so we have plenty of both on hand and ready to ship. :)

-Rod

Powdercoated

Took my brace to the powdercoater and here is the result. :D

Attachments

• Diff brace resized.jpg
    Diff brace resized.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Diff brace resized2.jpg
    Diff brace resized2.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 149
i see somebody stole my idea for the rear shock tower brace bar... :( anywho... ill order one by the beginning of may... trying to finish the rear at the moment.... so im down for one....

I would be interested in a front strut tower brace, and subframe connectors.

It doesn't look like that rear brace will work for a mark viii, but if you find out they will I would end up purchasing one from you if you have either sub frame connectors, or a front strut tower brace available that will work on a mark viii. I hate to throw just a rear brace in, since I have the large addco rear swaybar along with stock front swaybar I don't want my rear modified any more until I have another brace somewhere on the car.

I rarely look at this board, so if you come up with these let me know Rod, and I'd be happy to do business with you. I'd build them myself but that's just effort. :p

email:

poniesviii@hotmail.com

also:

low_dreams@hotmail.com

thanks!

Back