Permatex Surface Prep Activator ?

Spider

i got some Anaerobic gasket Maker and sealed my Supercharger Top and a couple hours later its still wet. well after ready the back its says to use permatex surface prep activator* i guess it helps speeds up the process. i never heard anyone mentioning this or did i see it on there site when i read about the gasket maker.

so did i need to use the surface prep activator crap ? will it dry sometime soon without it or do i need to tear this thing apart again and get more crap from part store and do it again ?

i never heard anyone mention this stuff is why i never read the back...

My experience has taught me that the gasket maker that oozes out of the joint will always be gel-like. It doesn't harden. Don't worry about it and don't sweat not using the activator. I'd just give it 24 hrs b4 running the car.

"Anaerobic" is what tells you that it will stay gooey if you can touch it. It only sets up where there is no oxygen. Thus the outside stays pliable but the inside where the two surfaces meet it seals tight.

I always used the surface prep. Talk about a bond. Used this on the entire blower but its hard to get it back apart.

Back