Cold Air intake and mass air flow sensor

Lsquared

Ok, well i have asked this afew times but have not gotten much feedback. I am going to put a cold air intake on my 94 bird and will probably go with the magnum powers kit and was wondering if i should use a 3'' or 3.5'' intake. When i do this i want to upgrade my mass air flow sensor but am not sure to use a 73 or 76mm. is there a difference and by adding this do i need a chip or anything to make it run properly and will the maf work with the new intake.

i want to do the same thing as you, with a cai, except i'll probably build my own. I had the same question about what maf to use. Im told that if i buy a replacement i need to calabrate the computer for the new unit. I was thinking on just leaving the maf for now and just putting in a pipe w/ a K&N cone filter.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

-Nick

im assuming your car is stock for the most part. give or take a few things here or there, so i would just go with the 3inch and as for maf the 76mm will work just fine for you. when you order the maf, you need to let whomever know what kind of injectors you have, whether they are stock 36lb 42lb 50 lb whathave you. you dont need to chip your computer to make your car run, it would be to your best interest and your cars interest but your car will run fine with the correct sampling tube in your new mafs. i would get a throttle body too at least 70mm...hope that helps

Back