NEW CV Drive Axles for your SC

DNA said:
Chris --

Working on getting a 4340 Cr-Mo outer CV joint for the SC axle assembly.
The replica cars using the MN12 IRS setup have such a part, if the cage splines are the same as the SC center shaft, we'll have a solution; but you're gonna be looking at nearly $200 per joint.

I'm sure if a group of us commit to a new upgrade to this i'm sure we can keep the price within an acceptable reason

I am in for anything at this point. if you have or are considering raxles for your hight performance current car or future car......I pitty you. i just broke my third axle last night. this time it broke in the diff and sent metal into the diff and tore the seal. the last two times to broke on the right side at the hug...and took the hub bearing out the first time.

anything thats better than raxles will please me....I'm still on my stock 4.6 mill with all bolt ons. 330hp/350tq, 12.75 @ 109. 3850#

Chris

Back to the huddle

the axles I was testing [made by EMPI ] are junk IMHO.

The inner joints barely survived three months of mildly agressive street driving.
They are being returned under the orig. warranty.

checking with The Driveshaft Shop [now in North Carolina] for a HD street axle. Rockford CV and DS Shop work together, so we should be able to put a tough axle together from these two sources

Rockford has 4130 chrome-moly outer assemblies suitable for racing [also go into the Cobra IRS projects]

stay tuned

Cobrarthunder said:
I am in for anything at this point. if you have or are considering raxles for your hight performance current car or future car......I pitty you. i just broke my third axle last night. this time it broke in the diff and sent metal into the diff and tore the seal. the last two times to broke on the right side at the hug...and took the hub bearing out the first time.

anything thats better than raxles will please me....I'm still on my stock 4.6 mill with all bolt ons. 330hp/350tq, 12.75 @ 109. 3850#

Chris

Last edited:
Back