Need a good cam...look no further!We have what your looking for "A good Cam!

victor malvar

Hello, All of you SC enthusiasts who are still looking for a cam that will suite your needs.

After a year of checking different grinds , we finally feel very confident offering our cam packages.We have orders now for 5 cams and can do a better deal for everyone if we get 5 more. Our stage 1A is a 520 lift. this cam is a mellow cam and very popular with the SC. 5500 rpm, easy to tune and pass emissions and is ok with stock computer. Stage 1B is 520 lift @1.73 , 6200 rpm. likes aftermarket computer, 2400 stall or 5 spd.shorter rear end, no emission guarantee. This is a street cam and no higher than 550 hpw.We have 3 other cam packages and also offer a "custom" choice which would be your own numbers.
In order to better serve you please email me and I will give you more info on each stage. So whoever may be interested, please email us followed by your phone number and the best time to call you to discuss your options and pricing. Or email us and tell us what time you will be calling and we will set aside the time for you to discuss your options. Our prices are very competitive and depends on which choice you make and If we can get 10 total to order.
We are selling them individually whether or not we get the 10. The idea is to get better prices for you and that is the reason for this group buy. We are NOT listing these in our ebay store. they will be listed in our new online store which, by God, will open very soon. We are only waiting for a few more products that we want to have on hand for the Grand opening. You do not have to wait for the store to open...We are taking orders now. We also take credit cards direct by phone. Or an E-check due to paypals high fees when receiving funds you can use paypal to get an E-check. M/O and Cashiers checks are also welcome.
Thank you! We will be working hard on our site today so if we do not get back with you right away we will ASAP. If you call and we do not answer please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we can...

Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
www.spinningwheels-sc.com
352-732-5013

re: Cam for 3.8L SC

Victor --
A well needed option for the V6 crowd. Do you have the cam cards available to post? It would be useful to see all the specs on the various grinds.
thx
Dave

victor malvar said:
Hello, All of you SC enthusiasts who are still looking for a cam that will suite your needs.

After a year of checking different grinds , we finally feel very confident offering our cam packages.We have orders now for 5 cams and can do a better deal for everyone if we get 5 more. Our stage 1A is a 520 lift. this cam is a mellow cam and very popular with the SC. 5500 rpm, easy to tune and pass emissions and is ok with stock computer. Stage 1B is 520 lift @1.73 , 6200 rpm. likes aftermarket computer, 2400 stall or 5 spd.shorter rear end, no emission guarantee. This is a street cam and no higher than 550 hpw.We have 3 other cam packages and also offer a "custom" choice which would be your own numbers.
In order to better serve you please email me and I will give you more info on each stage. So whoever may be interested, please email us followed by your phone number and the best time to call you to discuss your options and pricing. Or email us and tell us what time you will be calling and we will set aside the time for you to discuss your options. Our prices are very competitive and depends on which choice you make and If we can get 10 total to order.
We are selling them individually whether or not we get the 10. The idea is to get better prices for you and that is the reason for this group buy. We are NOT listing these in our ebay store. they will be listed in our new online store which, by God, will open very soon. We are only waiting for a few more products that we want to have on hand for the Grand opening. You do not have to wait for the store to open...We are taking orders now. We also take credit cards direct by phone. Or an E-check due to paypals high fees when receiving funds you can use paypal to get an E-check. M/O and Cashiers checks are also welcome.
Thank you! We will be working hard on our site today so if we do not get back with you right away we will ASAP. If you call and we do not answer please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we can...

Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
352-732-5013

Victor --
A well needed option for the V6 crowd. Do you have the cam cards available to post? It would be useful to see all the specs on the various grinds.
thx
Dave

Hello Dave,

I would be happy to discuss the cams with you by phone if you would like to call us.(352-732-5013) Please do by all means. We will discuss as much as we can with you or anyone else that needs any questions answered personally.
Thank you for your interest. I will post some things at another time. Right now we have some members calling to discuss different options. We, like other vendors in this club, chose not to put out close-held information in a public forum. But we will discuss it with you at any time. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.
Spinningwheels-SC@earthlink.net
352-732-5013

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

These are new Blanks, springs etc. No cores required but we'll take them if you want to ship your old one to us:cool: :D We have varios lift from a .520 lift to a .570 and Special request such as eec tunning in some cases. We do not give out any numbers!

Or if you have a special grind you would prefer we can discuss it by phone.

Email us or send a PM with your Tel. No.

These are very good cams and well known to many.

Thank you!

Victor Diane & Assoc.

352-732-5013

victor malvar said:
We do not give out any numbers!
Victor, if you don't give out #s, how will I know that the parts combination I have chosen will work with the cam you think I should purchase?

Paul

Hello, Paul,
Nice to hear from you. However, we stand by our decision to protect our confidential / intellectual information. Our cam line has at least a dozen examples deployed in the field currently and more coming.These cams have been independently documented in the field. The smallest kit example has achieved 345 rwhp with modifications( ported heads, MP intake, ported blower and headers and an eec tuner, for example) More moderate applications of this kit will range from 290 to 325 rwhp. The second kit is documented at 380 rwhp, again with premium aftermarket components and a decent tune-up. We will have more numbers on our web site soon. These are REAL numbers and that is all we will say for now.We will be taking phone calls and emails and will provide you with the best service we can offer. Thanks and take care.
Thanks to all for your understanding.
All the best as usual,

Victor, Diane and associates

spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
352-732-5013 Please leave a message if we are not available and we will return your call or email
Yes we are still opening our newest store site ASAP. Thanks for your patience....

victor malvar said:
Hello, Paul,
Nice to hear from you. However, we stand by our decision to protect our confidential / intellectual information. Our cam line has at least a dozen examples deployed in the field currently and more coming.These cams have been independently documented in the field. The smallest kit example has achieved 345 rwhp with modifications( ported heads, MP intake, ported blower and headers and an eec tuner, for example) More moderate applications of this kit will range from 290 to 325 rwhp. The second kit is documented at 380 rwhp, again with premium aftermarket components and a decent tune-up. We will have more numbers on our web site soon. These are REAL numbers and that is all we will say for now.We will be taking phone calls and emails and will provide you with the best service we can offer. Thanks and take care.
Thanks to all for your understanding.
All the best as usual,

Victor, Diane and associates

spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
352-732-5013 Please leave a message if we are not available and we will return your call or email
Yes we are still opening our newest store site ASAP. Thanks for your patience....
My question has nothing to do with publicly sharing information. How could I (or anyone else for that matter) identify if the lift you are going to provide will not exceed my valve spring capability or that the blower I have will be able to keep up with the amount of overlap the grind ends up with? My question is how can I as a consumer make the determination that you are making the proper choice of what cam I am going to get when I am the one building the engine? If I break a valve spring because of too much lift and drop a valve at 6k RPM, are you going to pay for me to rebuild my engine? What I am asking here is the technical end of things, how can I support my buildup if the information I need for proper design and install of components is withheld?

Paul

Hello, Paul,

Call me...!
We sell kits with proper springs etc. I know what you want to hear but
we're not going to post our Numbers!!! Paul I know You have worked a long time to bring good things to everyone in this club! That is good for us all and we thank you for your hard work.

We have also worked very hard to bring good parts. quality, prices to you and many many others members and guest in this club please understand these are very good NEW cams NOT regrinds they come with the appropriate springs and so on... These cams are tested they are REAL No's!!! We have worked hard to bring these to you, and anyone that want's something that has been well tested by a few dozen enthusiast. So Just call and find out what we have to offer. Then you can make an educated decision. Thanks to everyone's comments :cool: We hope to hear from you soon. Bring beer and pop corn ;) :p :)

We will answer emails and calls from here on. No more posting we want to keep it simple. It's 1:45 AM It's time to call it a day!

Spinninwheels-sc
Victor Diane and Assoc.

Well Tom, though making the call may seem simple to you, it would be much quicker (the last time I spoke to Victor on the phone it took 2 hours to get the 30 second answer to my question) and just as easy (easier actually given my schedule and the 3 hour time difference between Victor and I) for him to have replied to my actual question instead of dancing around posting specs. If you and the others looking for beer and popcorn would reread my original post, I inquired not about specs, but about how I can be certain the cam Victor feels is correct for my needs will work with my existing combination. My requirement is for confirmation of his capacity and willingness to provide tech support for the product he is reselling. I shouldn't have to call comp and wait on hold with their tech department to get information for something a vendor is reselling.
Since I am the one building the engine, not Victor, I myself need to be certain the parts purchased will work together. Since I already have springs and I am doing the install then I need to know the lift (for things like coil bind) and I need to know the duration (for degreeing the cam). Anyone who is doing the build themselves should be asking these same exact questions so the availability of that information (not the actual information itself) should be addressed publicly, not in private as you suggested.

Paul

Paul,
First of all I have never spoken to you on the phone for two hours about anything. Please show me the phone bill!

What your sole purpose appears to be here, is to discredit and put a negative light on me personally. We asked you in both posts to call us, but you chose not to. You obviously prefer to bash me in this public forum instead.

I speak for hours and hours to many of my customers and I don't have a gun pointed to their heads.....it's THEIR CHOICE....just like it was YOUR choice!! Many of them really appreciate our support etc. We take care of our customers and they speak with us for AS LONG AS THEY WANT! I thoroughly enjoy speaking and listening to them all. Gee, I hope that's O.K, Paul .....since you never bothered to call, I find that hard to comprehend. Must be something else behind it.........

I have nothing more to say to you.

If anyone needs a good, proven cam, field tested, Please call 352-732-5013
Victor

Tickler said:
Are these made from new blanks, or regrinds?

Thanks

Hi Tickler,

They are Brand New blanks, New springs, and other hardware for your particular application for and the best cam for your specific need.
We have plenty of information available to make you feel comfortable and will speak with you as long as you need....

Thanks!
Call for more Info....
Victor

OK let's say that you work on a part for a while testing and making sure you have a good part. OK say you do that PAUL, then just give everyone the answer and the specs of how you got there so everyone else on this forum can steal it... makes sense to me. Now I see you have been working on that new blower setup, why dont you tell me all the specs so I dont have to go through all the testing and i can do it my self and then sell it for cheaper. Because i wont need to test it and figure out what works and what doesn't work because you told me; makes sense doesnt it. I dont think soo, so if you dont have any trust in Victor and his cams, which ARE ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL and packed full of anything you could ask for in a cam. So if Victor didnt give you what you wanted by being short and sweet get a hold of Dalky.

Last edited:
supertbird89 said:
so if you dont have any trust in Victor and his cams, which ARE ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL and packed full of anything you could ask for in a cam. Get a hold of Dalky I hear he has some good ones that are cheap!

I can understand why someone would not post the detailed cam specs, however I can also understand the need for basic information before purchasing a cam.

Lobe lift and duration at .050 is the minumum info needed to insure compatibility with with other parts of the valve train, and isn't enough info that anyone could copy the cam.

Advising people on how much power a particular cam will make isn't something I would do. The same cam installed in my car will have a much different result than if it were installed in your car. The intended use of the car and all existing and planned mods are info that is needed to properly spec a cam.

Like you said, it comes down to trusting that the person your working with to spec the cam, knows what they are doing.

David

Plain and simple, picking cams is still a guessing game. You make the best decision you can and hope for the best. For nearly 10 years now people have been playing with cam grinds that range from mild to wild. About the only thing I've learned is what works for someone else won't necessarily work for you, 340 RWHP is still hard to achieve with an M90 and a cam would be about the least of your worries in that department, and more times than not...less is more. People are getting as good of results with a relatively mild grind as they have with an ultra annoying agressive grind.

The very origin of this post is subjective. What is a "good" cam. If you install it and your motor doesn't grenade can't you argue that it's a "good" cam. So you are really guaranteed very little to begin with. Also a Stage 1A cam likes the stock computer, but a Stage 1B cam wants an aftermarket computer? What's the difference....like 10 more degress of duration and .050 more lift. It makes no sense. One is emissions friendly and one is not? That's like saying the Pioneer CD player is emissions friendly, but SONY is not. Having cats that work will go a long way toward making your car emisisons friendly. And Stage 1B is good if you don't want to exceed 550 HP at the wheels?!? Seriously...who has even made 550 RWHP... 9 outta 10 guys will drop a cam in their car and notice very little gains....so don't be disappointed if you are making no more than 700 HP at the crank.

I understand there are newbs who will want to hear this stuff, but it's just misleading. I would put big time cash on a dyno competition involving the field tested cams where they all shine about as bright as any other run of the mill cam that someone has rolled the dice on.

And Victor, I'm not trying to discredit you or put you in a negative light. But you can't expect to post ficticious stuff, have nothing to back it up and not get called out on it.

Micah

my question is why are you so worried about giving out a few cam specs? Look at all other cam makers they all give out specs... thats how you pick a cam out. Like it was said before you need alot more than lift and duration to copy a cam.

Hi Ya all doing...:D

We have no problems giving out the information to a interested customer.

I am just not going to give our numbers out. I can tell you all some good grinds and then you figure the rest out. I like speaking to our customers or the person that is really interested. I do not want to sound mysterious or stubborn. But If you can call any other vendor (s) to order a cam or a set of headers you can also call me for a good cam. I don't bite or growl, nor do I talk for 2 and 1/2 hrs to explain our cam or any other parts you may want to know about.

The fact is! I promised a good friend. I would not disclose the numbers we have worked out. I am going to keep my promise. I AM going to ask my partner in this if we should maybe give you all some numbers to satisfy inquiring minds. I want to give you some Idea of what options you have. I can talk to anyone of you that need one and trust me after we are finished talking. I think you will understand much more. I will talk with my friend and see what we will disclose sometime tomorrow. If I can or able to speak with him. If he goes out of town? I will speak with him next week.
If he agrees? I will gladly disclose something to give you all some type of an idea. Our original plans were to let everyone see all this when we opened our store. Which has taken much longer than we expected. It's been a SOB to finish it right... the way we all felt it should function and look. We only have 8 more pages of products to finish. I will get drunk the day we open! I quit drinking 15 years ago. I feel I need a case of beer just to start to celebrate the opening day. It has about drove me crazy making everything fit, look and work right for everyone to enjoy plus have some fun to who ever stops by. We have hardly done much on eBay so the store opening would be full and plentiful with real good product for our SC's and a few other cars we also have a few parts for. We did not anticipate it this would take so long. We want to just finish and open it. The store is almost ready but some of the products we carry now you won't see in our eBay store ever! You will all have a chance to see many new products we have never carried... The CAMS is just 5 items of 16,000 items total some are redundant in quantity but not the same. All the cam information or most of the information will be under the cams and engine internal category. Sorry to get into talking about the store! I was not going to mention it or say another word about this issue.I We wanted word of mouth to promote it not me. I think that's the best way to do it. If we can keep moving fast enough without to many interruptions we should open by next week maybe two at most.:rolleyes: :)

I will do my best to get you the most information about our cams by next week. Sorry this has brought so much commotion. I should have just waited until we opened then let you run right into the cams with you shopping karts:) :p ;)

You all take care!
Victor and Gang.

Just to clear things up..Many custon cam manufacturers do not give out all of thier cam specs. However One does need to know things such as lift to properly set up the heads

Just a note... if you buy it, you get the specs, as cam cards have come with any cam I've purchased. I'm sure Victor will talk with anyone on the phone about what you're trying to do. Probably even e-mail. Just understand that posting the stuff on the web starts a mini-fist fight it seems so folks would rather not list it all out.

I had questions on a e-bay item once and had very rapid communication with him via e-mail.

Back