Custom QA1 Coil Overs D&D Race Tech

83GT460 said:
Nick you could have saved a little money, I have a spare spanner wrench as two came with the coil overs I put on my Mustang. Also I think after you get it all together you will decide to pick a ride height that works and leave it there as they can be a pain to adjust.

Charles
Thats all right, it was actually a good deal, it was a bit cheaper with the bearing kit.

But thanks anyway.

Also, hopefully the bearings should make a bit easier to adjust.

alright, another update fromm Denny.
He said, that they are still looking at next week for a ship out date, but, they still have not recieved the lower clevis brakets yet.
So it sounds like they are ready minus the bottom braket.

Allright, another update.

Denny said they still have not got the brackets yet, but are supposed to any day now.

Nick

allright, Denny got the brackets on Friday-5-12-06, so he's trying to get them finished up.
Also he said he has 8 orders, but only 7 commited payments.

Just letting everyone know.
Nick

Not really too much to see. They won't be getting installed any time soon. The springs are still in the boxes.

qa1_struts.jpg

Thomas

I wonder if those will ever be available in the future. Maybe if so I'll have to get a set of them if the konis on the front of my car now ever blow out.

Shane

quick35th said:
I wonder if those will ever be available in the future. Maybe if so I'll have to get a set of them if the konis on the front of my car now ever blow out.

Shane
I'm sure they will.
Just think, it was roughly 2 years since Denny has made these.

On a side note, I have been on vacation all week, and these were a nice thing to come home to.

Mercutio said:
Got mine as well. Wish I had time to put them on sooner...
don't rush anything.

BTW, I found out that a 9/16 bolt in grade 8 fits perfect.
you can either get 4" long, and get a lock nut on it, or go 5" long and get a lock nut and a back up nut fot it on there.

Hope this helps.

So has any one tested out there coilover yet? I wont get mine for a few more days but my cars not even done yet anyways!!!:(

so i ordered mine today, they should be here next week, denny had to order some different spring rates for me.

nick what spring rate did you get? i ended up going with 275's

and we can all thank GM for helping out on this gp as we all have CORVETTE parts on our cars now.

Last edited:
Don't our cars come with a stiffer spring than 275? Everyone else seemed to want that rate, so what am I missing? Aren't our front lowering springs typically in the 400+ pound range? I ordered 350 pound springs...what am I not understanding?

I went with 175 at first, they were to light.
I'm going to try 300.
But still not sure if it'll be enough, maybe 325's?

95badbird said:
I went with 175 at first, they were to light.
I'm going to try 300.
But still not sure if it'll be enough, maybe 325's?
I got 275 for my 351W. Let us know how the 300 work out , How much have you lightened up your front end?
PReDiTR91

Back