Custom QA1 Coil Overs D&D Race Tech

GREAT! I will post order information tommorow. I would imagine it will take a little while to get this processed, so I'm sure Randy and Shane will have sometime yet to see if they would like to take part also. Thanks for the support guys!!

Thomas

Thomas
I have been waiting to see when you have 4 payed confirmed orders.
After you have 4 confirmed orders I will jump in.I do not want to try
any money up for two or three months.

This should I hope be a good addition to my 4130 K-Member.
Who needs horse power when you have the lightest SC.
This should add another car length to my win over Shane
and Thomas the day we race.. :p

Thanks Randy

Well, I just got off the phone with DnD race tech.
I told them we have the (minimum order of 5) required amount of people for the group buy.
He(Denny), wants to get all the orders in at the same time, since he has to set his jig up for it. He would rather do them all at once.
I asked him a bunch of questions, and he was very helpful.

1 thing they asked, was if you(everyone), can get the "front" of the car weighed; so they can determine what spring rate. I told him, for myself, that that was hard for me to do. He said that was okay, since he had a base point from Bruce's car, that mine would be real close to his(actually, mines a touch lighter than his).
He gave me a few places that any of us could go and get the car weighed, i.e., race track, fertilizer plant, UPS place, etc.

Shane, they do take any form of prepaid money orders.

So I guess if everyone is ready, lets set a date for when we're going to order these.(Like today or tommorrow).

Hope this info. helps a bit guys.

Nick

It would work best to have each customer call in their order and pay by credit
card. We will then ship the orders when a minimum of five is met. Please
inform each person that we will need a front end weight when they call to
determine the correct spring rate. Chrome springs are available at an
additional cost of $13.00 each.They can order by calling Denny at 320-629-
4769. Thank you!

D & D Race Technologies

Looks like you beat me to the punch Nick.

Thomas

Damn it. I wont have the cash in hand till probably next week :( :( :(. So does that mean I wont be able to get in on this still?

I am getting tired of waiting to hear if the SC that I want to buy is actually for sale so I am probably just going to go forth and turn my 35th into the blown race car. That means I need these shocks! :(

Shane

quick35th said:
Damn it. I wont have the cash in hand till probably next week :( :( :(. So does that mean I wont be able to get in on this still?

I am getting tired of waiting to hear if the SC that I want to buy is actually for sale so I am probably just going to go forth and turn my 35th into the blown race car. That means I need these shocks! :(

Shane
People suck.

Just turn the 35th into a full blown race car.
Thats what I'm doing to my 40th.

Next week shouldn't be an issue Shane. I still have to figure out a weight for my car. Currently it is on jack stands with no engine or suspension in it. Not sure how I'm going to do that.

Thomas

Thomas A said:
Next week shouldn't be an issue Shane. I still have to figure out a weight for my car. Currently it is on jack stands with no engine or suspension in it. Not sure how I'm going to do that.

Thomas

Yeah I am in the same boat Thomas. My car has no insurance on it, the tags expired two years ago, and it doesn't have any head lights. Plus I dont know how far yet I plan to strip the thing out.

How far down the body of the car from the noise do I weigh when weighing the front of it?

Shane

quick35th said:
Yeah I am in the same boat Thomas. My car has no insurance on it, the tags expired two years ago, and it doesn't have any head lights. Plus I dont know how far yet I plan to strip the thing out.

How far down the body of the car from the noise do I weigh when weighing the front of it?

Shane
I would say just do half the car, eye it up the best you can.

If you have an idea of what the car weighs, Denny over at D and D race tech can help you in determining what springs to choose.:)

I've been seriously thinking about getting in on this, Been trying to post the last few days but the delay on the account confirmation email was really long and just now got a chance.

Deal is, I'm comming to the end of my contract at the current job, one more week left, and I dont want to commit to this unless I can secure another job. Im sure you guys dont want to wait. But if something comes up and things get delayed and I get another job lined up, I'm in. Has there been any mention of a further discount if we get say, 10 or more orders?

Like I said, not trying to hold anyone back, but group things get delayed a lot so I'm putting my cards out now in case that happens.

AtroXR7 said:
I've been seriously thinking about getting in on this, Been trying to post the last few days but the delay on the account confirmation email was really long and just now got a chance.

Deal is, I'm comming to the end of my contract at the current job, one more week left, and I dont want to commit to this unless I can secure another job. Im sure you guys dont want to wait. But if something comes up and things get delayed and I get another job lined up, I'm in. Has there been any mention of a further discount if we get say, 10 or more orders?

Like I said, not trying to hold anyone back, but group things get delayed a lot so I'm putting my cards out now in case that happens.
No, I think 5 or more(no matter how many more), the price is it.

Well good luck on finding a new job, and welcome to the club.

I think we would be hard pressed to get to 10 orders anyway. The 5-7 of us having been watching these for quite some time, so in a way it took 6+ months to get 5 orders together. I'd say we will shoot to have orders in by the 15th of the month?

Yeah, I'll have to do some looking around and talking with some people that have simliiar setups, and see what kind of weight they are at.

Thomas

Thomas A said:

Thomas
I need till next friday to come up with the rest of the money!!! No engine in my car either! :D PReDiTR91:D

I've been following it mildly for a long time, honestly I planned on fabricating my own LCA's and a new top mount so I could just use hot rod coilovers and set it up however I want. I really would have liked to see a dual adjustable front so I could push a good drag launch as well as a good cornering setup.
Im running a 96 4.6 cougar btw. I dig these simply because they're tested and he has a jig for the fabrication. At the price and total adjustability, I think I'd rather just pay it than taking the car down for unknown days. The gf and I just have too many projects now, 87 tbird sport, 86 TC to receive a TT inline 300, 84 SVO mustang, 96 cougar. And im looking at a neighbor's hidden 69 cougar with a 390 to go with it. Not to mention gf's medical bills.

The 15th sounds fine, or maybe we should start calling and putting in orders on the 14th. That way, Denny has all weekend to set up the jig, and maybe start working on them Monday. So hopefully, we can get them before the first.:D

Yeah, if you are ready to order, I'd say call as earlier as possible. That way they can get things going. I plan to submit my order on Tuesday. I think I'm going to opt for the chrome springs. BLING! :D

Thomas

I have this bad feeling I wont have the money all together by next week. I hope I can still get on this. The SC I was looking into ended up costing 10k more than I wanted to spend so I am all 35th for good. I just might need another week or two.

Shane

Back