Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Custom QA1 Coil Overs D&D Race Tech

Quote Originally Posted by quick35th
    Yeah I am in the same boat Thomas. My car has no insurance on it, the tags expired two years ago, and it doesn't have any head lights. Plus I dont know how far yet I plan to strip the thing out.

How far down the body of the car from the noise do I weigh when weighing the front of it?

Shane
    I would say just do half the car, eye it up the best you can.

If you have an idea of what the car weighs, Denny over at D and D race tech can help you in determining what springs to choose.

I've been seriously thinking about getting in on this, Been trying to post the last few days but the delay on the account confirmation email was really long and just now got a chance.

Deal is, I'm comming to the end of my contract at the current job, one more week left, and I dont want to commit to this unless I can secure another job. Im sure you guys dont want to wait. But if something comes up and things get delayed and I get another job lined up, I'm in. Has there been any mention of a further discount if we get say, 10 or more orders?

Like I said, not trying to hold anyone back, but group things get delayed a lot so I'm putting my cards out now in case that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AtroXR7
    I've been seriously thinking about getting in on this, Been trying to post the last few days but the delay on the account confirmation email was really long and just now got a chance.

Deal is, I'm comming to the end of my contract at the current job, one more week left, and I dont want to commit to this unless I can secure another job. Im sure you guys dont want to wait. But if something comes up and things get delayed and I get another job lined up, I'm in. Has there been any mention of a further discount if we get say, 10 or more orders?

Like I said, not trying to hold anyone back, but group things get delayed a lot so I'm putting my cards out now in case that happens.
    No, I think 5 or more(no matter how many more), the price is it.

Well good luck on finding a new job, and welcome to the club.

I think we would be hard pressed to get to 10 orders anyway. The 5-7 of us having been watching these for quite some time, so in a way it took 6+ months to get 5 orders together. I'd say we will shoot to have orders in by the 15th of the month?

Yeah, I'll have to do some looking around and talking with some people that have simliiar setups, and see what kind of weight they are at.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A
    Next week shouldn't be an issue Shane. I still have to figure out a weight for my car. Currently it is on jack stands with no engine or suspension in it. Not sure how I'm going to do that.

Thomas
    I need till next friday to come up with the rest of the money!!! No engine in my car either! PReDiTR91

I've been following it mildly for a long time, honestly I planned on fabricating my own LCA's and a new top mount so I could just use hot rod coilovers and set it up however I want. I really would have liked to see a dual adjustable front so I could push a good drag launch as well as a good cornering setup.
    Im running a 96 4.6 cougar btw. I dig these simply because they're tested and he has a jig for the fabrication. At the price and total adjustability, I think I'd rather just pay it than taking the car down for unknown days. The gf and I just have too many projects now, 87 tbird sport, 86 TC to receive a TT inline 300, 84 SVO mustang, 96 cougar. And im looking at a neighbor's hidden 69 cougar with a 390 to go with it. Not to mention gf's medical bills.

The 15th sounds fine, or maybe we should start calling and putting in orders on the 14th. That way, Denny has all weekend to set up the jig, and maybe start working on them Monday. So hopefully, we can get them before the first.

Yeah, if you are ready to order, I'd say call as earlier as possible. That way they can get things going. I plan to submit my order on Tuesday. I think I'm going to opt for the chrome springs. BLING!

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A
    I think I'm going to opt for the chrome springs. BLING!

Thomas
    Do they make em in red?

I have this bad feeling I wont have the money all together by next week. I hope I can still get on this. The SC I was looking into ended up costing 10k more than I wanted to spend so I am all 35th for good. I just might need another week or two.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by quick35th
    I have this bad feeling I wont have the money all together by next week. I hope I can still get on this. The SC I was looking into ended up costing 10k more than I wanted to spend so I am all 35th for good. I just might need another week or two.

Shane
    whew, 10 grand more is a good amount.
    I'm sure you'll have enough time.

Well guys, I've been asking a lot of questions to Mustang guys who run coil-over setups on their cars. I was planning on going with 225lb. springs. Well, now I'm actually going with 175lb. springs up front.
    Now this isn't/shouldn't be what everyone else does.....just in my case, this is going to work out best for now. As my car is being totaly designed for nothing but 1/4 mile racing.

I guess when everyone gets their order in, post up!

Thumbs up

Unless your bird is super light, Like 3000 lbs. or under with driver. The 175 lb/in. springs are way too light. I was thinking 250lb/in springs for my set up, but after talking to Denny I will try a 275lb spring. If it is too stiff I have a set of 250's. Looks like the end of the month before they ship. Seemed like a real informed guy to deal with. Thanks goes out to Bruce for his prototype work.

Mike.........
    95 Thunderbird LX 4.6L Twin Screw Supercharged 10.02 @ 138

I blew my head gaskets a couple weeks ago.So I am in the same boat as others ,on not knowing the weight of the front of my car.

My car weight is 3720lbs total (no driver).I am taking another 150lbs off
    this month.This weight will be removed in the doors area 140lbs.
    And the trunk lid area 50LBS.And moving my battery to the trunk.
    So I should only be lightining up the trunk area 10lbs.
    But taking the battery weight from the frontend.

Anyone have a guest-a-ment on my front end weight?
    So I can place my order.

Thanks Randy

Harley-Davidson people that own Thunderbirds RULE!!