Custom QA1 Coil Overs D&D Race Tech

quick35th said:
I have this bad feeling I wont have the money all together by next week. I hope I can still get on this. The SC I was looking into ended up costing 10k more than I wanted to spend so I am all 35th for good. I just might need another week or two.

Shane
whew, 10 grand more is a good amount.
I'm sure you'll have enough time.

Well guys, I've been asking a lot of questions to Mustang guys who run coil-over setups on their cars. I was planning on going with 225lb. springs. Well, now I'm actually going with 175lb. springs up front.
Now this isn't/shouldn't be what everyone else does.....just in my case, this is going to work out best for now. As my car is being totaly designed for nothing but 1/4 mile racing.

Unless your bird is super light, Like 3000 lbs. or under with driver. The 175 lb/in. springs are way too light. I was thinking 250lb/in springs for my set up, but after talking to Denny I will try a 275lb spring. If it is too stiff I have a set of 250's. Looks like the end of the month before they ship. Seemed like a real informed guy to deal with. Thanks goes out to Bruce for his prototype work.

Mike.........

I blew my head gaskets a couple weeks ago.So I am in the same boat as others ,on not knowing the weight of the front of my car.

My car weight is 3720lbs total (no driver).I am taking another 150lbs off
this month.This weight will be removed in the doors area 140lbs.
And the trunk lid area 50LBS.And moving my battery to the trunk.
So I should only be lightining up the trunk area 10lbs.
But taking the battery weight from the frontend.

Anyone have a guest-a-ment on my front end weight?
So I can place my order.

Thanks Randy

Harley-Davidson people that own Thunderbirds RULE!! :)

I really hate to say this guys but I might have to back out of this for now. I have no idea what weight my front end is going to end up on my 35th. For one I dont know exactly what all I am going to take out of the car still. I just feel that I should sort things out on the car first before I buy these because I dont want to end up with the wrong valving or the wrong spring and be unhappy with them. If things change I will let you guys know.

Shane

I will not be placing an order.The money I put aside for the adjustable
shocks. I will be using for a new motor.

I waited close to 3 years to get a tune. Well I got a tune finaly.
Now I need to buy a new motor after being stupped enough to
be talked into driving my car to get tuned in stead of trailering
my car... :rolleyes:

Thanks Randy

Last edited:
I have the six hundred in my hand except I have to pay some bills & may need some of it for jr.'s birthday party next weekend!:eek: Next weeks pay check will be for the birthday party also so I would have the money the week after that! I tried!:D PReDiTR91:D

Just called D&D racing & gave him my info, he said he will start work in about 2 weeks cause hes waiting for some parts to come in:) Looks like Im back in the game!!! :cool: PReDiTR91:cool:

PReDiTR91 said:
Just called D&D racing & gave him my info, he said he will start work in about 2 weeks cause hes waiting for some parts to come in:) Looks like Im back in the game!!! :cool: PReDiTR91:cool:
Hell, I bet Denny would hold your order for a month or two(not building them yet of course, until you were ready to pay), so you could get the $599 discount.

I was thinking about it. I don't know, I don't plan to adjust the ride height real often. Once I get it set to where I like it, I don't think I would change it.

I wonder if the SC Top Spanner Wrench will work on these??

Thomas

Thomas A said:
I was thinking about it. I don't know, I don't plan to adjust the ride height real often. Once I get it set to where I like it, I don't think I would change it.

I wonder if the SC Top Spanner Wrench will work on these??

Thomas
I did, but only because I plan on lowering it in the front some at the track.
But I will have to raise it everytime I put it on the trailer though.

aright, if tax man comes through soon, im in. im waiting for my return, ill call denny and see what he says.

anyone know the wight of a 96 lx 00 windsor iron block engine glass hood and the rest stock??? im guessing id be in the same boat as Mike, but i dont have the blower and accessories to go with it would 250# be right? ill ask denny when i talk with him to be sure but taking opinions from you guys too.

**edit**

email sent to D&D attn denny, ill let you all know what they/he says about me getting in on the gp.

btw thomas thanks for setting it up.

Last edited:
Not a problem. Denny has been great to work with, and has been very helpful to everyone that has talked to him.

Thomas

got a reply im in okay as soon as i get the refund from the U.S. mob, err irs ill be ordering.

i was also asking about spring rates for me he said 250# if you have shaved weight of the front and 275# if your close to stock, well for now im more stock but im going more toward the lighter side, soon to have the kmember, battery in trunk, alumn block no ac/heater core etc. so i will probably go with the 250's and go from there.

Just to give everyone an update....I asked Denny how things were going with the QA1's, and he said,
"Hi Nick,

We have everything we need exept for the lower clevis bracket. They have been on back order but are due in this coming week."

95badbird said:
I did, but only because I plan on lowering it in the front some at the track.
But I will have to raise it everytime I put it on the trailer though.

Nick you could have saved a little money, I have a spare spanner wrench as two came with the coil overs I put on my Mustang. Also I think after you get it all together you will decide to pick a ride height that works and leave it there as they can be a pain to adjust.

Charles

Back