FS: 1991 Olds 88 Royale - 63k original km's

SeanMatteson

In case anyone is interested in a cheap daily driver, Alecia and I are taking delivery of a new leased vehicle this week, and so I'm selling the Olds that I had been driving.

This car was Alecia's grandfather's before he passed away. He was the original owner, and it spent most of its time in the garage out of the elements. He backed it into a neighbour's house a couple of years before he died, and so I had the collision damage repaired (replaced quarter panel, trunklid, bumper, tail light), plus the whole car scuffed and painted a couple of years ago. I have included pics showing the damaged area before and after the repairs (see below). The collision repair and paint job cost me $4k at the time.

The car is silver exterior on grey cloth interior. It has the 3800 V6. At present, the car has only 63,000 original km's. I put brand new tires on it this past Fall, because the original ones were dried out and cracking (they still had plenty of tread left on them). The tires cost approx. $700 installed. The car had a complete alignment at that time. Otherwise, I replaced the battery when I first put it on the road. I had to replace the cam sensor about five months ago. Three months ago I replaced the water pump and idler pulley.

There is some minor, cosmetic damage on the left-rear corner as the result of someone backing into the car a few months back. Aside from this, the car is in amazing condition for its age. The interior is pretty much like new. The car was one of Oldsmobile's upper level models and includes all the bells and whistles, and they all still work. The car is also being sold with a Kenwood AM/FM/CD deck with motorized flip face ("MASK"). I still have the stock head unit (AM/FM/Cassette) and this goes with the car.

I'm offering the car for sale AS IS, but it shouldn't need anything at all to safety or to pass an etest. Please feel free to come and look the car over if you're interested.

I'm asking $2,250 CAD O.B.O. The price is negotiable.

Please let me know if you would like pictures or any other information on the car. I can be reached by email, or PM initially.

Attachments

• Taillight 1.jpg
    Taillight 1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 49
  • Olds 88 - 015.jpg
    Olds 88 - 015.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Looks like they did a good job repairing the car Sean.I wish you were selling this in the fall and I would take it due to the fact that I need all my cash right now to do Nickey's car and to do a couple of things to the cougar.What are you getting,an F-150???:D :D

Greg Coleman said:
Looks like they did a good job repairing the car Sean.I wish you were selling this in the fall and I would take it due to the fact that I need all my cash right now to do Nickey's car and to do a couple of things to the cougar.What are you getting,an F-150???:D :D

Well, it's a good car, especially for the money, so I hope to find a good home for it soon.

Actually, I went down the road of the F150 SuperCrew Lariat, and just found that after looking at the pros and cons, the minivan concept won out over the truck.

We're getting an '06 Honda Odyssey EX-L. This will be our main family vehicle, and Alecia's daily driver. I'll start to drive the Taurus for a while longer, since it is about 7 years newer than the Olds.

Regards,

Sean

Good choice for a van.That would probobly be my first choice in a mini van.Verry nice driving vehicle,safe and top marks in its class.I'm impressed on how nice they drive.I've fixed a few and they hold up well in a crash.Hows project RED comming?

Back