Two 1989 Cougar XR7's for sale (1 auto, 1 5-spd)

Jason Parham

Guys I think after having this car for 10 years (my dad bought it new) its time to move on. Ive been wanting to buy an older car for several years now and now Im finally getting in the position to be able to do that. The problem is with my new job and living an hour away from our garage in Tuscaloosa, I dont think I'll have to time to properly maintain the XR7 and another car that will be 40+ years old. Most of you guys have seen me at meets and seen my car. Its a black 1989 XR7, burgundy cluth interior, 5 speed and all that. I also have another black 1989 XR7 that I bought as a parts car which has gray cloth inside and an automatic transmission. Both cars have moonroofs. The parts car currently does not have a title. If you would be interested in fixing the car up I can look into getting a 2nd Title for the car so it can be licensed. Many of you have owned or still own SC's or XR7's so you are aware of the typical quirks and issues these cars have at this age so keep in mind this is not a perfect car.

Lowdown on both cars:
5 speed car:
-139,000 miles
-less than 20,000 miles on rebuilt engine
-tokico handling package (illumina II's and 1 1/4" drop springs) and new headlights and clear corner lights installed about a year ago
-3.55 gears
-3/4" raised and ported supercharger outlet
-1996 factory Mustang headers (EGR tube blocked off so Check Engine light is on)
-Flowmaster American Thunder 2 exhaust with no catalytic converts
-I still have stock springs and full exhaust system (including manifolds) if desired
-brand new rear window molding still in box (ford apparently redesigned it where it hooks under the glass to prevent pulling up at the corners from shrinkage, so you have to remove the glass to put this on)
-1997 Alpine 7826P CD player with Polk EX572 speakers (adapter harnesses used throughout, so no splicing was involved)
-Car has developed an issue with sluggish cranking as of late. It has never left me stranded but it is annoying at times
-Hood, roof, and truck damaged by acorns falling. Those on the parts car are fine (and the same color I might add) so they could serve as donors. Car could still use a paintjob though due to some clearcoat failure developing on the roof.
-Antilock warning light is lit on dash, havent ran codes to see what problem is. Brakes appear to still work fine though.
-I also have the window sticker (laminated), 1989 newspaper ad from Bill Deloach Lincoln-Mercury for this car, 1989 Cougar dealer brochure, 2 magazine ads, and a sealed unbuilt Revel model kit that will be included.

Automatic Parts Car:
-110,000 miles
-Roof is currently covered with tarp to prevent any further damage to interior.
-Car needs the following:
*grill and support bracket
*headlights
*XR7 wheels (currently on 15" Cougar LS wheels)
*supercharger (still has one but was knocking when I got it)
*carpet
*thourough cleaning on upholstry (dirty from sunroof leak but otherwise the cloth seats look very good considering the age of the car, very minor wear on front seat bolsters)
*VMM (faceplate broken)
*radio (some previous owner cut off the factory radio plug, shouldnt be a issue if using an aftermarket unit)
-I cranked engine after I bought it about 2 years ago and engin ran smooth with no abnormal noises but was idling at 1500 RPM due to sucking air somewhere. I imagine you would find and fix this problem while replacing the supercharger. Car has not run since
-car will have to be trailered home

I think I'll ask for $4000 for both cars or may consider selling seperate as well. In either case I want them going to a good home where they can be cared for properly. I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

Its been a fun run guys but I guess its time to move on (as much as I hate to say it).

Sorry to see you go, I was hoping to see your car if I was able to make it to a southeast meet someday. I love my car but black and a moonroof is everything you could ask for.imo If only I had the money. Sorry to just compliment you on your car on your for sale thread. I can't believe nobody has inquired about it.
Please post if you do sell it because I'm going to want to know if it's still available in a couple of months.

Kurt

Im interested in the 5-speed car. 2000.00? Not sure if owner really wants to sell the other car Im looking at right now. Send me PM if you still have the car.

Back