2006 Latest and Greatest Car Finishes under $30

Kobassa Power

Any experience or feedback with the latest polishes and wax finishes?

I realize that here a lot of expensive products out there such Zaino and Klasse and Certain high end Zymol products that claim to do a great job , but what is available in the regular consumer under $30 range category. They keep coming up with new and improved technologies every year and since it is about that time of year, this is what I know so far.

Durashine - You don't see these ads anymore. I guess that too many people had problems after after firing laser beams at their car fenders.

NuFinish $10- I used this stuff on my first TBird and on the 91 SC. The 91 eventually developed oxidation in the paint.I emailed them but they did not respond. The pros of this product is they claim that it lasts a long time , goes on easily,on glass, can be applied in the sun. However it leaves white marks especially on the trim. I've used this stuff on things such as golf clubs and other surfaces

Dupont's Teflon- $9 I was a sucker for a US infomercial for an oil treatment years ago. As a bonus, they threw in this PTFE resin car polish. It left a great slippery finish and lasted a long time. I'd assume that it was the same as the Teflon that is out today. Any feedback ?

Eagle One Nanowax $15 - They claim that this is a revolutionary product that masks swirl marks, no white residue, shaded area only.?

Turtlewax - Ice $20 Deeper wetter shine,inc silicone , no white residue, can be applied in the sun, includes towel, needs multilayers, innovation ?

Meguiars - NXT $30 "NXT Generation line of products, is the most technologically advanced for today's modern automotive surfaces. "
ESP technology eliminates fine scratches and swirls and leaves your finish deeper, wetter, shinier and more reflective" What is the real story ?

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/autopia/meg-g-12718.html

Go to your local harley shop and look for S100 wax. You will not be dissapointed. It sells under a different name (cant remember) for a much higher price but at the harley shop you get the same excellent wax for about $30.

Edit** Search for s100 in this forum and they go on about it for a bit.

Last edited:
I've used all kinds of products throughout the years and I don't particularly have the time to do this often so a product that last is important.

The best I have ever used by far is Meguiars NXT. It gives a deep finish and several people were convinced that I had custom paint on my truck, yet it is factory.

Extremely easy to remove and best of all no dust as most waxes leave this dust everywhere.

For best results use step 1 and 2 from the Meguiars regular waxes and use NXT as the step 3. That was the recommendation from Meguiars' tech. and I was really please.

So that works for me and the cost is very reasonable.

Denis

I agree with Denis, the Meg NXT is by far the best wax I have used, in the liquid form not the paste, a good dawn suddsey wash, clay bar then 2 coats of NXT you will have a shine that will last for months if kept clean.

Bruce,
Clay bar? I heard this referenced a few times, but am not familiar. could you expand on this item please? Appreciated.

Bruce

I picked up a claybar for the hell of it 2 years ago, and I swear by it now, a good Dawn wash of the car, dry it, then with a hose on the roof running down the sides clay bar a section at a time, always making sure you have water in the area you are clay baring, it gets rid of the fine grit and things that actually inbed themselves into your paint, and by waxing over them it just gets deeper and deeper, it feels so sickening smooth after you claybar a car, but it takes time and patience, i spent 4 hours one day just claybaring my car, then a good wax job after, its perfect, this is the one i use.

http://www.meguiarscanada.com/productdetail.asp?type=default&ID=132

Thanks. I'll try in on a black SC. My paint is pretty nice and needs a good massage to come up a little deeper.

A perfect task for a 17 year old who has asked to borrow his Father's SC on a Satdurday night. I can feel his arms aching already......... :)

Thanks to all of you who participated with a response on this topic of discussion.

My plan of action will be:

1) Dawn wash down
2) Meguiars- Deep Crystal #1 stripper since I have it (future claybar)
3) Meguiars - Deep Crystal #2 Polish since I have it
4) Prestone Bullet Wax 10 coats since I have it (Future Meguiars NXT Wax)
wax usually doesn't last very long since it melts away in the heat especially on a black car.
Followed by a good buffing.
5) California Gold Wax Detailer - For in between wash n waxes
6) s-100 looks like a good solution- I saw it at the wheel/detail stores.

Back