Chris Goodwin .... coupeCorona

Gerry Rider

Chris Goodwin posted a reply on the "parts for sale " forum saying he had the part I was looking for, a door moulding, and that it was in good shape. After a few questions I sent him the money by paypal. No part was delivered. He also didn't answer any emails sent to him. Obviously running a scam.

coupe91SC@yahoo.com
coupeCorona
Chris Goodwin

We agreed that i would purchase a thermostat housing from him, i asked if he could send it overnight mail he agreed, i paid for the item and shipping 1 week ago, thermostat housing never arrived.asked me to message him if it does not arrive, i have sent 2 more messages and he does not answer, even though he has come into the forum.

coupeCorona (Chris Goodwin)

Email Address: coupe91sc@yahoo.com
User Name: coupeCorona
Vendor/Individual: Chris Goodwin
Member Page: http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=goodwin2

Comments:
On March 31, 2006 I sent Chris $75 via paypal for a brake relay and pressure switch with paypal ID #6HM81233GR7061054:
Name:
chris goodwin
Email:
coupe91SC@yahoo.com

Total Amount:
-$75.00 USD

Date:
Mar. 31, 2006
Time:
12:10:04 PST
Completed

His reply on 3/31/06: "yes, i will get to it tonight i have to work an double in a few minutes! so please send the money through paypal and i will get that stuff out to you asap. thanks chris"

His reply on 4/5/06 when I asked status: "i havent been i muskegon in a couple of days the wife said that she sent all the stuff that i need out? will you give me your address to make sure she sent it to the right place. thanks chris"

My reply to that on 4/5/06: "Sure....

Josh Studrawa
2809 Georgian Drive East
Atlanta GA 30341

If she hasn't, I may need to get it overnighted from someone else, so if you can please verify for me."

No response to that, so I send on 4/7/06: "Any verification from the wife?"

No response, so on 4/10/06 I ask: "Hey man, I haven't received anything yet, can you verify HOW it was sent and WHEN?

If I don't get it in a couple days, I'll need to buy it overnight from a remanufacturer. I can't have my car down this long, it's costing me daily."

He replies to that on 4/10/06: "you should have it by now, i have the # at work in my box i will run there reall quick and make sure it is there. will right yopu back soon"

I wait a day and a half, so on 4/11/06 I file a paypal dispute and send this to him: "Just to let you know, I have filed a dispute with Paypal for non-receipt of goods.

I hold no ill-will, but I will not pay for goods I never got. If they do reach me, I will at that time gladly pay you (odd thing is, I still want the transaction to go thru as we discussed).

If you find it is simply because you have been too busy to send them yet, them please be mindful of this when making a deal with someone.

My point is that I thought I would have my car running by now and I have yet to even get my parts. I am just disappointed more than anything.

Take care,

Josh"

So on 4/21/06 I get this from paypal (since he never bothered to respond to paypal, I had to wait the full 10 days): "We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $0.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What irritates me the most is that he knew I needed the brakes to get the car running and I was paying for a rental.. daily. Then the "wife" excuse got me worried. Plus on 4/1/06, I wish I had read this thread about him taking 10 days to ship a part....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75595

Them's the facts, backed up by PM's if anyone wants access to my account here to verify.

Josh

coupecorona

same thing happened here. except now he said item was returned to him and that he would be sending a refund, that was 6 days ago.. i got the same result with paypal also..
Shocked this board actually does not ban him

coupecorona aka chris goodwin

i sent him money by paypal on april 1st. never got the money or the parts. seems like he is a scam artist as there are other complaints against him.

jeff

" car
i told you about that car didnt i ? call me 767-8362
94 auto stock (for now) "

That's his alleged phone number from a previous post of his, there aren't many area codes in MI.

I was looking for a set of heads for my sc and i posted an add here , Chris contacted me said he had a set for 225 shipped to nova scotia canada, wow what a deal , then he asked for a cheque or western union, hahahaha :confused: Then I happenend to find the good seller , bad seller list on here . thank you SCCOA . I don't know if he is a scam or just having problems with shipping , but at this point it looks like a scam . He has'nt come on to defend his reputation either.

This is the info on him
Chris Goodwin

485 Glen Oaks Dr
Muskegon, MI 49442-7328
(231) 777-2240
This info is correct since i called and spoke to a woman there verifing it. he was not home.. i called his cell with no answer. I have cousins that live about 45 minutes away from him. I work as a process server for pcs..one of the officers got all this info for me.. they think if everyone ripped off by him was to report him to the locale sheriff, its still considered internet fraud and punishable.(which seems to be atleast 4 people) they will send someone to his home and investigate the matter.. or my cousins can pay a visit to his home.
Still shocked he is not banned by the people that run this forum

Well guys he got me to evidently, only 10 bucks though. He gave me an address of 147 Patterson Muskegon, MI 49442 but anywho lists
Goodwin, Chris 485 Glen Oaks Dr Muskegon, MI 49442 231-777-2240 The addresses are a couple of miles apart. Any body local to there?
I guess we all learned a valuable lesson to check this forum first. Catch you later, Bob.

I had a semi local guy try to screw me outta $300 for some seats on another forum, To make a long story short, I sent him a money order and he was to ship me two 35th anniversary camero seats for my s-10. after two months and countless emails i decided to pay him a visit. After all he was less than 100 miles from home. When I got there I realized that he had moved. I used a site that I use regullarly for work to locate the guy and found a new address about 9 miles from the old one. Imagine the look on his face when I hit his door. There I was, driving my dads Mercury Grand Marquis, wearing very nice dress clothes with my ruger 45 on my hip and my NC Special Investigtor badge on my belt. For some reason he didn't argue with me and refunded my money on the spot along with an additional $100 for my travel and time. The site i refered to which has been very accurate for me in the past is www.zabasearch.com. About 90% of the time it will pull up a good address for the person you are looking for and its free. Thats my story!!

I got taken too

He stated he had a great 94 crankshaft for $85 shipped. When he sent me his contact info I sent him the paypal payment. I have gotten similar email responses that others have recieved from him about working, shipping problems and it should be there any day. This has delayed my move to NY as my cleaned and painted engine sits on my kitchen floor instead of in My Bird. Lets do whatever we can to put a stop to this guy and get our hard earned money back!!!

OKay, the 231-777-2240 is disconnected.

The 231-767-8362 was answered by a young lady who said Chris was not available, but she'd let him know I called.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere....

"Hi, this is Josh again, sorry to bother you. I'm trying to send Chris an crank sensor for a Supercoupe and I didn't get his zip code. I have 485 Great Oaks..."

"Oh no, that's wrong. It's 147 Patterson, 49442."

"Oh, thanks! That's Muskegon?"

"Yep."

"Thanks, take care!"

His address....

Chris Goodwin (who knows about the last name)
147 Patterson
Muskegon MI 49442

Calling local sheriff now. Local sheriff forwarded me to the Detective Bureau, where I left a message. Will post more when I get more info.

Last edited:
money

also when i said i shipped out the parts i did i am not a theif and or a lier!!! i was using my shop to ship out these parts alot cheaper. i was having mt sec look into these thing for me but she did not have alot of time. anyways the owner of the company stop the shippment because he didnt know what they were and they have been sitting there at the shop. now i know everyonre is pissed and i will have all your money out on moday when i get paid. i will need all of your address so i can mail a check because paypal is not letting me use that because of this mess. i am 22 years old and i am a very law obiting person and not a theif!!!!!!!!!!!! i told all of you guys that i set them out and all i wanted to do is find out what happend to them? i am very sorry, all i want to know is where my parts went? i have a wife and i kid and i love theese cars, what kind of dad would show there kids that screwing people is good>? so, next week i will send out checks to all of you they will be in my wifes name so youguys dont think i am screwing you again in the amounts that i recieved. so again i am sorry.

please send your address so i can mail the money, oh and you dont thave to call the cops. we will take care of this like men. i did not reply because i said in the last message you all will get your money when i see my parts.

also if you would like to talk my cell is 231-736-9362. i was going to write this on monday but my internet was down because they are putting up new house around me. sorry

thank you

thank you for the respones, i am just trying to say that i am not in anyway a theif! i love this site and the people here, you guys are very helpful when it comes to these cars and you always can find a parts that you need. the last thing that i would try to do is screw you guys and get banned from this site? again i am very sorry.

thnaks chris

Chris Goodwin

So refund my money. I don't need the moulding I had bought and paid for from you. I got it from someone else. So send me back my $35.
Gerry

Back