Magnum Powers Stage IV Power Recipe

Kevin Leitem said:
i know weight makes a big difference, why do you think i am making it light? you make it sound like the lx is why i am lighter. The LX is no different!! what would be the difference if you got a totaled sc and rebuilt it with a lx donor? THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE OF THE LX!!! quit trying to find excusses on why people are faster than you!! This year i will be 300 lbs lighter, found out my valvesprings were junk, causing serious valve float about 5000 rpm, C4 tranny, and a bunch of other things, so you better quit complaining and get turning some wrenches or i will be way too far ahead of you to ever catch me!

Kevin your back tracking your words now I see you do say weight makes a big differance. No biggie I plan on making a big move I have modifcation plans in the works as well. I dont have the big money you do but well get there in due time I dont like taking weight out gutting the car like some do but will take weight out here and there ;) I need a front mount intercooler maybe a trick C4 as well anyway play it safe watch out for Coy he is just waiting in the wings to fire off another big number I know him very well

Jim, I hate to take sides, but he's right. You need to quit talking, get wrenchin, and bring it all on the track.

Thats the best way to say your the fastest and the best of the group.

But remember what you said:"Coy will just bounce back like always."

Hock said:
Jim, I hate to take sides, but he's right. You need to quit talking, get wrenchin, and bring it all on the track.

Thats the best way to say your the fastest and the best of the group.

But remember what you said:"Coy will just bounce back like always."

Thats my plan of attack!

The fire is buning in me now feels like the old Jim Vs Chris W. days thats the fun part but I know Coy he has the money machine shop engine program and dyno more than any of us Hot Rodders have. But I am going to give it 100% and do what ever it takes to get up there. Dont get me wrong Kevin is a great guy but time for another challenger as well now we are up and running again :)

Jim your math skills are a little lacking.

David Neibert's car weighs just as much as yours and he ran 11.50 @ 119mph with 420rwhp. Kevin's llighter car runs 11.30 @ 123mph with 420rwhp. Your car only makes about 380rwhp. Quit dreaming and do the math. ;) :D

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
Kevin your back tracking your words now I see you do say weight makes a big differance. No biggie I plan on making a big move I have modifcation plans in the works as well. I dont have the big money you do but well get there in due time I dont like taking weight out gutting the car like some do but will take weight out here and there ;) I need a front mount intercooler maybe a trick C4 as well anyway play it safe watch out for Coy he is just waiting in the wings to fire off another big number I know him very well
all i said jim was that a few hundred pounds will not make your car run 10 MPH faster, i did not say it wouldn't help. i love it also when people think i am rich, I just sacrifice everything to be able to do things with the car. and I work hard at everything i do. and actually i don't have as much money in the car as you think. I just was fortunate enough to do it all good the first time, no broken parts, no parts that i found out that didn't work. and when i upgrade, my old parts are still in great shape so i am able to sell them, but i do hope you can run with the big dogs. at the end of 04 i ran 11.66 at around 3750 pounds, did nothing to the car except take out 250 pounds and it came out running in 05 running 11.83. explain that! so i know first hand that it is not as easy as it is on paper.

XR7 Dave said:

David Neibert's car weighs just as much as yours and he ran 11.50 @ 119mph with 420rwhp. Kevin's llighter car runs 11.30 @ 123mph with 420rwhp. Your car only makes about 380rwhp. Quit dreaming and do the math. ;) :D
thanks Dave!!!

XR7 Dave said:

Your a funny man XR7 Dave!

You have no idea how much power my car has right? Hell talk about Dave N. he couldnot run 11.90's with M-90 based blower with out Nitrous right? It took a high boost special built AR right think about it. Your not as smart as all the others think Hell I ran 11.911 with double intercooler can anyone els do that? that is power my friend 380rwhp now who's dreaming I did what no one els can do plus 2nd SC to run 11's with no trick crap like Kevin and Dave have and a home ported M-90 to boot. Now you take 300lbs out like Kevin thing will drop in ET weight is a big deal in racing you both know that now that my car has a stout trans and conveter should show its got the power there

Last edited:
Jim Demmitt Jr said:

You have no idea how much power my car has right? Hell talk about Dave N. he couldnot run 11.90's with M-90 based blower with out Nitrous right? It took a high boost special built AR right think about it. Your not as smart as all the others think Hell I ran 11.911 with double intercooler can anyone els do that? that is power my friend 380rwhp now who's dreaming I did what no one els can do plus 2nd SC to run 11's with no trick crap like Kevin and Dave have and a home ported M-90 to boot. Now you take 300lbs out like Kevin thing will drop in ET weight is a big deal in racing you both know that now that my car has a stout trans and conveter should show its got the power there
Jim
Nieberts AR is no different than mine.
My dyno #s where virtually the same.
We ran 5-6 back to back pulls all between 406 & 421 rwhp, with consistant tq in the upper 400s
I said it before,"If we came out to LOW 50' ELEVATION CALI you would be looking at our taillights all the way down the track. Thats not bragging , Its just the truth!
Just an AR on your car,...You'll be happy you did, NUF SAID!

Last edited:
Jim, I try to be nice to everyone, but you are just a plain ~~~! cogged pulleys seem to be some trick crap, own custom blower porting...trick crap. hell if i had your custom blower porting i would be running nines!!! sounds familiar? face it your time in the lime light is over, quit trying to hold on to your 15 minutes, sorry it had to come to this, but stop acting like a baby and get out there and prove to us what you can do

SCgraphics guy said:
Jim
Nieberts AR is no different than mine.
My dyno #s where virtually the same.
We ran 5-6 back to back pulls all between 406 & 421 rwhp, with consistant tq in the upper 400s
I said it before,"If we came out to LOW 50' ELEVATION CALI you would be looking at our taillights all the way down the track. Thats not bragging , Its just the truth!
Just an AR on your car,...You'll be happy you did, NUF SAID!

Todd like I said before!

Dave could not run 11.90's with M-90 with no nitrous I did with front mount intercooler now thats real HP to do even that. My point is my motor is making serious HP to do what it did it even with trans slipping and converter going away. I do think what I have done now should reach mid 11's with other mods coming low 11's. Bring your car to Sac we will match race but I know I will beat you no problem just like Fred H. with M-90 not special built AR I would not be at all surprized if Kevin switch to an AR I can fee it in the air. You and Dave have never ran 11's with M-90 why? I did with no front mount intercooler no Nitrous!!!!!!!!! My point is I got a lot left in it with right improvements

Last edited:
Jim Demmitt Jr said:

You are right Jim, I have no idea how much power your car isn't making, but the truth is that Todd's car made 375rwhp at the SC Shootout in the Oklahoma heat and then turned around and ran 12.1 @ 113mph on street tires - at 2000 density altitude. Also with "just a double IC" and working A/C. You are a racer, you know what that means.

You are scared and that's all there is to it. :D

Last edited:
Hock said:
"Coy will just bounce back like always."

The only good thing about arguments like these between actual knowledgable peoples in the SC world is that some good testing and parts get developed. In that case....keep on flaming!

If it were some random Joe Schmoe or other people involved i'd just throw it off as another "NO...my c0ck is bigger" thread.

XR7 Dave said:
You are right Jim, I have no idea how much power your car isn't making, but the truth is that Todd's car made 375rwhp at the SC Shootout in the Oklahoma heat and then turned around and ran 12.1 @ 113mph on street tires - at 2000 density altitude. Also with "just a double IC" and working A/C. You are a racer, you know what that means.

You are scared and that's all there is to it. :D

AR Talk :D

I am not scared nor worried at all I think you know this car has a lot power and just becouse I am not for the AR due to its a special built non SC part plus I dont think you would ever build one for me :rolleyes: Well see on the test runs like always have to prove my point like before. I will race anyone at any time bring it on Mach Race time I need a good race been to long

Ow my god Jim, you remind me of the kids i race out on the local track in their daddys corvette or their highly modded honda this or that and everytime i win the excuses fly! Your lighter, you have more boost, i missed a shift, I heard something break in my motor so i let off etc etc!

I mean whats up with "im not for the AR because it is not an SC part!" well if you want to get to the nitty gritty neither is a blower thats been highly ported or 10 to 1 compression or a double intercooler none of that crap came on the SC either so drop it already!

Okay you ran in the 11s without a front mount or NOS well I have yet to see you duplicate the feat. So since I know that neither Dave D or Kevin L, who both are not only TOP notch mechanics but great guys, want to make the trip all the way to Cali to race you then I'll put up I am going to be out in Cali the 22nd to the 29th for my sisters wedding but I tell you what i am more than willing to meet up, I mean what you got too lose I'm only running an AR right! :rolleyes: :D

Nah, we're jes playin'. Jim's okay for a southern redneck. ;) He has his goals and he's had his accomplishments and we recognize that.

On the other hand Jim, I don't know what you have against David. You talk like there was some big battle and when the going got rough he couldn't handle it. That's very far from the truth. David isn't a racer like you are and so it's just not right for you to bad mouth his accomplishments like that. If you want to pull punches, look towards someone with experience like yours. Kevin and Coy can both take it but the rest of us are all wannabe racers. That's just how it is.

:)

Back