Magnum Powers Stage IV Power Recipe

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Seriously Jim..You are like comic relief haha

I think you need to find a new play ground!

Or at least kids you own age shooting your mouth off to XR7 Dave wonder any of them respond to you dont invalve me in your stupid thoughts........

P.S. Facts are I was the 2nd SC right behind Coy Miller to run 11's by SCCoA rules with time slip proof to back it up think your funny prove me wrong...............

a sc is a 3.8 supercharged v 6 change it and its not a sc.

to take away any of the sc parts makes it a super modified. to be a sc it should have a 3.8v6 a eaton m90 and a air to air ic .

to use a A/R is a super mod, to add a water to air ic makes it a super mod,
to make it a 4.2 is a super mod,

to put on aftermarket heads is a supermod, the fastest sc list was to make a list of fast sc's aka using a m90 3.8 and air to air and irs.

this was to keep it fair as a 4 link would give a unfair advantage,
to use a A/r is a unfair advantage, to use n?20 is a unfair advantage,

now I dont want to leave out the moded super moded cars so a fastest factory layout,

and a fastest modified list and a fastest super mod list should be made.

simple 3 list one for stock semi stock sc,s
one for modified sc's {headers, cams, oversize valved ported heads,
overdriven more than 10 % .

and a super mod list for ford v6 with any and all mods any fuels and n/20
aftermarket heads turbos ,A/R's whipple, m112, centrifical,

and v8 any form

thats just my oppinion its fair its doable its easy . just as we have classes in racing we need classes in fastest list. same with most hp list.

I dont care myself I only care what my sc has if I ever got the hair up my butt to go for a super fast sc id drop in a blown 460 and a 4 link tub it and remove all exess weight. but mines a street car and im happy as it runs. what it does.

my hats off to Dave coy Jim all of you for making all this hp available to us .

seems everyone is trying to be faster and faster but hey the stockers are getting faster coast to coast {Anthony went 14.85 on a bone stock sc thats what i call a fastest sc list car. no money or parts just damn good driving and having you sc in best running shape. hats off to thoses who do good with stock sc's.

Damon, I'm all for seeing what can be done with an M90 on a 3.8L, but I think the term been there, done that, got the t-shirt, fits here. I don't think there is any new breakthrough to happen with the M90. How many different ways can you slice an orange?

By sticking with "only m90 powered 3.8L v6 engines" we are going to all hit around 370 hp and hit a wall.

I'd be happy to have 370 rwhp in my SC, but I'm not one who is easily satisfied. I'm sure after a year or so I'd be longing for more HP and either move on to something that can make more power, or look for ways to make more power on the SC. The autorotor raises the bar of performance, it also is letting a full weight street driven SC run mid-11's. Thats respectable. Imagine getting next to a new Z06... see ya.

about the oxygenated race fuel, the only reason why i decided to run that gas was that it was an unleaded fuel. which makes it legal for use on highways. I later found out that alot of unleaded fuels are oxygenated. but this year i will be running a true leaded race fuel. Which will be able to produce more power than any unleaded fuel could, oxygenated or not. Seems like everyone thinks mine is a race car only anyway, so i figure that i might as well make it more like a race car. I personally don't care if i build outside the "rules" anyways. I am not going to change the way i build my car to be on a list. I am trying to make it as fast as possible with the 3.8 SC block. We did see 30 HP on the dyno with the race fuel, but that was at stock timing, on the pump gas dave set the timing low, but i always ran stock timing before, mainly i never had a chip before then.

And Scott I am very well aware that there will be a wall to hit with an M90. Why I always thought two lists was best. In every class there is a limiting factor..Why not make it something unique to our car. As I have always said whatever it is in the end it is. I wont lose much sleep when all is said and done:O)

One more thing Jim..There arnt very many guys here My size..LMAO

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Did Bill have a Front mount when he put that together? Did he have a stroker? Did he run race gas or have high compression? How did these rules exactly favour him?
I didn't mean to or want to pull Bill into this. I know Bill's car than anyone other than Bill himself but that isn't the point. The point is that you are being extremely naive if you think those rules weren't drawn up to favor the combinations that existed at that time. There were a number of people who had a lot of money invested in their cars and were on this little quest to where they could be #1 real quick before anything "changed". They were very much out to protect their own interests and I don't blame anyone but I know how it went. Why do you suppose it was such a big deal for Anthony to get his Whipple numbers posted on the list?

Whwere I live we have oxygenated gas on a daily basis. What it does in NYC at least is kill gas miliage and performance.
Ok "oxygen enriched", whatever the very expensive race fuel is that Kevin and Nascar seem to be running. The point is that whatever the fuel is that Kevin is running leans the car out over 10% just by using it. That requires a significant amount of re-tuning to be safe and resulted in a lot more power from his car. More than I got with alcohol. I ran my AR with pump gas, and then tried running standard race fuel in it. I didn't see much of a gain at all. The point is only that turning a blind eye to "race fuel" as a power enhancer but tossing a royal fit at the suggestion of alcohol injection is biased. The primary purpose of both is to run more boost safely. That's the primary purpose of both elements.

And alcohol as a fuel source is in a whole different league then that of even high octane race fuel
Again, I think you are taking things to extreme. You make it sound like we are running on alcohol or we are substituting alcohol for gasoline. That is not true at all. The car is tuned on gasoline and then the alcohol is used to allow more ignition timing to be run. Sure it's an alternate fuel source. That's why it's 50% water. LOL!

And make this advantageous toward products you sell and install? Seriously Dave I think its great what you are doing for some people however in the real world what you are saying would be viewed as being way biased towards making the advantage towards products you sell and plan on producing for the general public for profit. It is way easier for just about 99% of the population to get race gas then to ad an AR or add Alcohol injection and tune thier car for it. But you can sell them these products. And you know its great that they are available and that you can help people reach performance goals not otherwise obtainable in the past.

So basically you are just saying that I need to shut up since I am financially somehow involved with the whole thing. I understand that to a point because I know that there are forums out there were vendors are not even allowed to post. If that is your point then there really isn't anything left for me to do here.

I have become what I am (whatever that is) from participating in this club and these forums. Now I have become a business and basically you are saying (and your point is valid) that my advice and input is no longer as a club member but as a business and everything I post is in some way an advertisement. I guess you are right. I never thought about it that way. Maybe it's time for me to work on a website and stop pretending I'm just one of the group. Because that is all I've ever thought of myself as. :cool:

Scott Long said:
By sticking with "only m90 powered 3.8L v6 engines" we are going to all hit around 370 hp and hit a wall.

Dave Dalke seems to think i am at around 420 based on my weight and timeslip, true i don't have any dyno numbers to prove it. but I just started to play with the MPIII late last year. I have a few more things up my sleave, and i think I can get quite a bit more out of it. But I am not interested in the 1.7 AR. I think along with others that it is not big enough to support my engine. But when a larger unit is availabe i want to try it. I was utterly impressed with Dave N. results. Even though I don't think he was anywhere near of what the MPIII is capable of. I really think the 2 5 rib belts to make 1 10 rib is a horrible idea. and not running the 10% crank pulley was also bad idea. But I really don't think he would have came to those results if he did run the MPIII better. All i am saying is don't count the MPIII out just yet. we know now the AR is an awesome performer on the track and on the dyno. but don't feel you have to wait to get one to be able to run fast. I will be doing tons of testing this year of some new stuff. should be a great year!

And Jim,

You have lied so many times in the past about what you had when you ran specific times you have no credibility with me. You are merely amusing to me

also dave I ran the 11.6 on the sunoco pump 100 gas and came out 11.8 with the 109 race gas. after last year i wasn't impressed with the 109

Kevin Leitem said:
Dave i was there when you gained 40+ on the meth!!! i think 40 is better than 30

40 = 10% of 400
30 = 10% of 300

But if you look at the average gain throughout the rpm band the race fuel did better. Mine gained on the very top more than anything. ;)

good point! I understand that it is natural for everyone to pick on things about my setup. I used to do the same thing about coy. I actually enjoy it. I don't want anybody to think i get mad when someone says something about the car. Because i don't. I find it fun. Like i said before i like when the pot gets stirred ip a little. I am wondering if dave N would have ran as good as he did if it wasn't for me dogging the AR. I know i will be faster because of all you guys, kept telling me it was a race car not a street car. So i made it more racey this year. 300 pounds lighter than last year!

XR7 Dave said:
Wait until you try leaded race fuel. My car slowed down with it.

in the past i slowed down also, but it is usually because you don't need it, actually i think that is why the 109 was worse than the 100. But exhaust temps are alot lower with the leaded. so i think i can run more timing with the leaded and make more power that way.

would an SC w/ intake/exhaust/10%/190 lph pump/ic fan, see any more power running race gas like Sunoco 105 or would it just lean me out and risk blowing my head gaskets unless there was some tuning to compensate?

I know I need a bigger IC, but if I had higher octane fuel could that compensate for the lack of IC since the fuel burns slower and is less likely to detonate? Just wondering in case I make it to the track this spring. I can stop and put in about 3-4 gallons of the good stuff if it will help.

Back