Front struts

fastsc92

I saw these front struts on SCperformance.com :Tokico Premium gas shocks
HU3689.gif
. Can i just bolt these right up...or do i need to fool around with them to make them fit. I dont even use my ride control anyways and i need new struts...so i dont care if they are adjustable or not. I also think my spring is broken...anyone know where i can get a new one?? I was thinking of going to Autozone or pepboys and getting two shocks there...they are 110 each for the adjustable ones. But that website price is better for two non-adjustable ones, $136. Anyone have any ideas?? I need to replace them very soon as well as the springs. thanks for the help guys.

They will bolt in, but you will have to remove or put your ride control actuators to the side. I think if you remove them, you may get a flashing "firm ride" light. BTW, these are shocks, not struts, even though the spring goes over them. They are only a strut if the upper mounting acts as the upper control arm, like a Fox Mustang. The T-Birds have a separate upper arm.

New aftermarket stock replacement springs usually only come in pairs, and I don't think the correct rate pieces for an SC are available. Maybe try posting a wanted ad on the classified page for good used springs, there are lots of people on this board who have removed perfectly good OE springs to put in lowering springs !!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

well i think i'm going to get a pair of springs anyways. I'd like to keep the adjustable shocks..but i dont want to pay the $$ for them. I figured non=adjustable ones will be fine. Maybe i'll go to pep boys and pick those up.

SCPerformance??? Buyer Beware!!!!!

If you haven't already handed over your hard earned money to this RIPOFF organization (SCPerformance), keep a tight grip on your wallet and run like hell....... Don't let the fancy website fool you, the listing of products with all the pretty pictures is as close as you will come to actually getting the stuff. Just ask around............

Now, if you need to get shocks or springs for your MN12, go to www.shox.com , they actually have the stuff on the shelf.

Sorry about coming down so heavy on SCPerformance, but they need to be shut down before more folks get screwed.

BTW, SCPerformance is in no way associated with SuperCoupePerformance.......

Back