Parting Out 1990 Sc With Heavy Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Keenan

I'm parting out my 1990 Thunderbird SC for parts. Don't need a fast car anymore. All parts are in excellent working order and in good physical condition.

When I say parting, I mean everything. Not just engine, suspension and performance parts... This means doors, trim panels, hood, trunk lid, tires, wheels,seats, dash... EVERYTHING...

You can search the SCCOA or TCCOA site and see a list of all the specialty parts on my car... But for a quick rundown of the most common parts here's a small portion of what most of you may be interested in...

-Magnusson S-Model Supercharger with extra porting & 10% OD Pulley
-EMBREE Raised Supercharger Top
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-Pro-M 72mm MAF
-ZR Motorsport Cold intake system w/ 7" K&N filter
-Kooks custom long tube headers w/ jet hot ceramic coating
-Custom heads with large chevy 1.9 intake valves w/ FMS 1.73 HR Rocker Arms
-Full SC bottom end with 351W rods (brand new have not been installed) and free floating wristpins...
-Kenny Brown Suspension braces (All of them)
-Eibach
-ADDCO Underdrive Pulleys
-Eibach Springs
-SC 8.8 rearend w/ 355 Gears
-SC/Mazda M5R2 Manual 5-Speed with solid brass blocker rings
-B&M Ripper Shifter

And much much more. If you have inquires, please email me at kkfastsc@speakeasy.net. I'm not looking to get top dollar for parting out the vehicle, but I know what they are worth... No low-ball offers. No reasonable offer will be refused!!!

Thanks for Looking!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! And Other Sc Dies

WHAT WILL BECOME OF THEM?????????????:confused: /STAY TUNED FOR MORE EXCITING NEWS:( :( !!!!!

Kevin Keenan said:
I'm parting out my 1990 Thunderbird SC for parts. Don't need a fast car anymore. All parts are in excellent working order and in good physical condition.

When I say parting, I mean everything. Not just engine, suspension and performance parts... This means doors, trim panels, hood, trunk lid, tires, wheels,seats, dash... EVERYTHING...

You can search the SCCOA or TCCOA site and see a list of all the specialty parts on my car... But for a quick rundown of the most common parts here's a small portion of what most of you may be interested in...

-Magnusson S-Model Supercharger with extra porting & 10% OD Pulley
-EMBREE Raised Supercharger Top
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-Pro-M 72mm MAF
-ZR Motorsport Cold intake system w/ 7" K&N filter
-Kooks custom long tube headers w/ jet hot ceramic coating
-Custom heads with large chevy 1.9 intake valves w/ FMS 1.73 HR Rocker Arms
-Full SC bottom end with 351W rods (brand new have not been installed) and free floating wristpins...
-Kenny Brown Suspension braces (All of them)
-Eibach
-ADDCO Underdrive Pulleys
-Eibach Springs
-SC 8.8 rearend w/ 355 Gears
-SC/Mazda M5R2 Manual 5-Speed with solid brass blocker rings
-B&M Ripper Shifter

And much much more. If you have inquires, please email me at kkfastsc@speakeasy.net. I'm not looking to get top dollar for parting out the vehicle, but I know what they are worth... No low-ball offers. No reasonable offer will be refused!!!

Thanks for Looking!!!

You have pm:D

RE: I'm posting a ferw

I wanted to clarify a few things before going any further... This may help give a little in depth info to answer some basic questions...

Q: Why are you selling it?
A: I don't have the need for a car like this anymore, and can't afford it. Especially gas!! Plus I'm unemployed now and have bills and rent to pay.

Q: Is the car running right now?
A: No. It was in process of being rebuilt. Two summers ago, I had started an expirement by building a 4.2L SC by using a 97 F-150 short block. After some playing, I had decided to just go ahead and rebuild my 3.8L as it was stronger and more reliable. Plus drastic timing and fuel/air table changes had to be made to keep the car from detonation because of the compression ratio on the 4.2L. As it stands I have all the parts to make the car complete again, but ran short on time/money...

Q: How much do you want for the part I'm looking for?
A: I know approximate values on all the parts on my car. But as they are used, and i don't want to rip anyone off, I'd rather have you offer me an amount for the parts you are interested in and we can negotiate a deal from there.

Q: Would you sell the whole car outright? If so how much?
A: Yes. $3500.00 as is for everything. I know that the performance parts in my SC are STILL VALUED well over $5000, so I think that is a fair price considering that they all have low mileage (less than 30K) on them... Also they have never been through the torture of the race-track as the car hasn't ever gone to the drag strip with this engine. However arrangements for pickup and towing to your location are your responsibility.

Q: What is the chassis condition?
A: The body is near perfect. I had all dings and dents on the entire car fixed and repainted. So in terms of body... Its like new. Better than when I bought it back in 97... This is a two owner car and I am owner #2. The first owner garaged it and only drove it a few miles to work every day.

Q: Has this car been driven in a snow state? Salt/Water/Rust Damage?
A: No to ALL OF THE ABOVE

Q: Does the vehicle have a clean title?
A: Yes. No Accidents. Lots of speeding tickets though :)

Q: Is there anything else I should know?
A: All of the main visible engine parts have had the ford factory powder coating removed and been polished to a mirror shine... This was done at the time I put the 4.2L together... This includes:
-Supercharger
-Raised SC Top
-Upper and Lower IC Tubes
-Intercooler
-Supercharger Plenum
-Alternator
-AC Compressor
-All Tensioner Pulleys
-Passenger Side Accesory bracket (where DIS mounts)

BELOW IS A COMPLETE LIST OF EVERYTHING ON THE CAR AS WELL AS SOME PICTURES TO LOOK AT:

WHAT WAS IN MY SC:
Fully ported & polished heads
Oversized 1.92" Chevy stainless steel intake valves
Oversized 1.60" Manley stainless steel exhaust valves
Crane/FMS 1.73 ratio adjustable roller rocker arms
Comp Cams 30lb heavier double valvesprings
ARP headstuds
10 degree locks
Positive type TEFLON valve seals
Felpro graphite composite head gaskets
Eagle connecting rods 3D 4340 (351 Windsor)
ARP 3/8" (Chevy) rod bolts
Bottom end rebuild incl. cleanup and bore block .020 over
Free floating 89g Chevrolet lightweight wristpins w/ bronze bushings
Wiseco custom reverse dome pistons
Machine pistons to compensate for longer rods
Clevite 77 main bearings
Clevite 77 rod bearings
Polish & cross drill crankshaft
McCleod custom 26lb lightweight steel flywheel
Fully balanced engine components
Autophysics 7" filter
Pro-M 75mm mass airflow meter
ZR Motorsports fresh air induction kit
BBK/Edelbrock 70mm throttlebody
Fully ported supercharger plenum
ESM 1.25" Raised supercharger top
Magnuson S-Model Supercharger
10% blower overdrive pulley
Intercooler fan
Dry Ice tray for IC
95 model radiator
Fully ported upper/lower intake manifold
Lucas 42lb/hr injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
ASP underdrive pulleys
Motorcraft platinum plugs
Motorcraft plug wires
Kooks mild steel long tube jet hot ceramic coated headers
2 1/2" downtubes - NO Catalytics
Flowmaster cat back exhaust system
Gutted Flowmaster resonator
Larger 11" Clutch from 94/95 SC
3.55:1 gear ratio
ADDCO 1 1/4" rear swaybar
Kenny Brown strut tower brace
Kenny Brown lower engine cradle brace
Kenny Brown front suspension support brace
Kenny Brown rear torsional load brace
Eibach Pro-Kit 1.5" lowering springs
B&M Ripper shifter
NR Auto White face gauges
Autometer dual gauge pillar pod
Autometer PHANTOM voltmeter gauge
Autometer PHANTOM oil temp. gauge

Attachments

• engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 578
  • engineout.JPG
    engineout.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 545
  • polish1.JPG
    polish1.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 483
  • sc1.JPG
    sc1.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 515
This really sux...I have wondered for awhile now how that car was running...heh

Too bad someone won't buy this car and see it through.

Good luck,

Brad

Actually it was running very well. I was in process of tuning the car.

But the 4.2L was having a hard time as it was stumbling above 5500RPM... Before I had time to determine what the exact cause was, the car developed blow-by in one of the cylinders. I suspect the piston rings didn't set right when the motor broke in or weren't given enough break in time before the motor was pressure tested under hard throttle. Since I was unemployed at the time, I garaged the car until I could afford to take a closer look.

Ultimately, it just seemed easiest to rebuild the 3.8L as it ran so well. After attaining a new job, I had started to rebuild the 3.8L and fix the weak link in the original 3.8 by using stronger forged pistons instead of general rebuild cast pistons. A few months ago I had the new pistons re-mated to the 351W rods. I was planning on putting the bottom end backtogether and getting the car back on the road for sale as a complete car but I just don't have the time (and now that I've been laid off AGAIN the money as well).

That and 19 gallons @ roughly what is now $3.50 a gallon for 91 octane gas means I would have to spend almost $70 at the pump each time I filled her up... So naturally this was the only solution I could come to... I really hate to sell this car. It's been a big part of my life for the past 9 years.

Incidentally I still have a 4.2L shortblock and the adapter I had custom made out of aluminum so the stock 89-93 crank sensor and harmonic balancer would work. On the newer SCs and 4.2L V6 motors, there was no mount for the crank sensor on the timing cover... If anyone has a downed SC engine and is interested in using it as a test case I'll sell the short block with timing cover and adapter for $200.00

I've learned alot about automotive in general, but moreover an infinite amount about the SC. And everyone here has been so wonderful with help, suggestions, information, and advice... I really want to wish all SC owners out there the best....

I included just a few more pics for interested buyers to see the attention to detail I have invested in polishing these parts (over 200 hours). Man that powder coating is hard to get through!!!

Attachments

• alternator.JPG
    alternator.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 308
  • bracket.JPG
    bracket.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC00575.JPG
    DSC00575.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC00587.JPG
    DSC00587.JPG