Greetings from Holland!

DutchSCFan76

:rolleyes: hi, my name is Eelko...sounds like an AA convention, anyways, I have bought a Thunderbird SC '89 with decent milage, with a revised engine & tranny (though its starts slipping in OD already after 25K :eek: ). The previous owner was not that much of a SC fan, but i became one from the moment I first run it.

Because I'm from overseas, W. Europe, the car is here not that much appreciated as it is in the US & Canada. So I was very glad to find this great forum!

Already bought my first item from E-BAY. (rear-deck reflector, mine has a bite out if it).

Well this it is for now :D

Bye!

banner.jpg

Great to have others SC lovers here who live in Europe!

I have own my '90 SC almost 7 years now...

We have a T-bird meeting for newer T-birds here in Finland in 5th August. Take vacation then and come to visit our meeting! ;) :)

Sami

DutchSCFan76 said:
:rolleyes: hi, my name is Eelko...sounds like an AA convention, anyways, I have bought a Thunderbird SC '89 with decent milage, with a revised engine & tranny (though its starts slipping in OD already after 25K :eek: ). The previous owner was not that much of a SC fan, but i became one from the moment I first run it.

Because I'm from overseas, W. Europe, the car is here not that much appreciated as it is in the US & Canada. So I was very glad to find this great forum!

Already bought my first item from E-BAY. (rear-deck reflector, mine has a bite out if it).

Well this it is for now :D

Bye!

banner.jpg

Cool. Welcome to the site/club. :)

The slipping OD, could just be the TV cable out of adjustment. There is a lot of info on this site about the tv cable adjustment, so do a search and see if that's it before having the transmission rebuilt. Oh, weclome to the club.:D

Yes I have read many things (before I registerd) about TV cables.
So I checked, its ok. Besides that its leaking a bit of tran. oil too...

My plans are to let it rebuild but with some HD components + tran. fluid cooler.

------------

PS: when you sign-up as a Member here, do you get the option for placing an Avatar & Signature feature ??

Last edited:
DutchSCFan76 said:
PS: when you sign-up as a Member here, do you get the option for placing an Avatar & Signature feature ??

Actually, you will have to pay the membership fee to get the ability for Avatars and signatures.

yeah, i know it cost money to become full member. just checking if you become a paid member you get the avatar & signature option :rolleyes: Thnx

A couple of years ago I was on a tour bus returning to Amsterdam from Keukenhof Gardens, stunningly beautiful I might add, when I was surprised to see a 35th Anniverary Edition Super Coupe while going thru Haarlem. Hey, I got one of those, I said. I'm looking forward to a return visit to your wonderful country. And I just loved your quaint little coffee shops.:D

Mike Puckett said:
A couple of years ago I was on a tour bus returning to Amsterdam from Keukenhof Gardens, stunningly beautiful I might add, when I was surprised to see a 35th Anniverary Edition Super Coupe while going thru Haarlem. Hey, I got one of those, I said. I'm looking forward to a return visit to your wonderful country. And I just loved your quaint little coffee shops.:D

Yeah you are more then welcome :D Would be nice to meet other SC fans. I feel a bit LONELY here. Many people think i went insane :D when i bought the car. My fam. loves it though. PS: i bought my car from some-one who lives in Haarlem :D

Last edited:
Hollander

My family came from northern Holland to America between the mid 1600's to the late 1800's. We can trace our roots back as far as 1501.

CougarXR/7 said:
My family came from northern Holland to America between the mid 1600's to the late 1800's. We can trace our roots back as far as 1501.

Did they own SCs? LOL :D

My family was stationed at Soesterberg A.B.

My dad was AF and we were stationed there from 78-80 and lived in Wijk bij Duurstede. I loved that town. There were a lot of military members that lived in the apt buildings there. We also went to Keukenhoff to see the tulips. While stationed in Germany (at the time it was (West Germany) from 85-89 we went back there and it was like we never left, the tulips get more beautiful every year!;)

Yeah, many of them are re-generated and mixed and mutated etc...like growing a human ear to a mouse... lack of english language now :rolleyes: :D hope that you know what I mean.

Soesterberg uh, some years ago it was re-organized, and i believe the whole 'American-village' has been abanded. Not what it used to be, in the 80's. Because of the lack of threath of the communists after the wall fel in Germany.

Notify me next time if you plan going back to Europe, the Netherlands, would be nice to meet other SC lovers :)

Back