Red 1990 5Spd SC For Sale

NY90RedSC

I am putting my 1990 red Supercoupe up for sale. As it says in the header, this car is a 5 spd car. Below is a list of options/upgrades that have been done to the car:

For sale 1990 Ford Thunderbird S/C 5speed
Red with black leather int
No rust or rot (Florida car)
Some dings and a small dent(ln front fender)
3.8 l super charge engine (build 15psi boost)
175k miles
16" wheels with 99.5% tire left (alum spare)
4 wheel disc brakes
am/fm casset/cd premium sound with sub with imfo center(FM not working)
just add to replace the no working fm on car radio...
Power ant working
3.08 rear gears
White face gauges with duel gauge pod with water temp/volts/
Full leather inter with 8way seats and pull down rear seat in good shape(no rips or tairs)
Retractable seatbelts work
New aftermarket headlamps ... fog light work with sliver star blubs
ARC work great
New motor mounts
New front strut rod bushing front/back
New front brakes
Rear spoiler with led brake light
Has the sc in the front bumper
Replaced ABS brakes with vacuum system off a 93 t-bird (new back lines and clean brake fluid)
New engine steel pulleys all 3 of them
Battery relocated to rear in trunk useing 2g wire
Cold air intake with filter in lower bumper
180 thermostat
Windows work and door locks to also keypad works(but have to used keypad to disable alarm wont work with key)
ac and heat work ... ac convert to r134
oil is Mobil Synthetic 10w/30
Starts and idles great
No surface rust or rot on car
Looks ok for a 14year old car
Paint has some clear coat failure
Power sunroof
11" pusher fan monted in front of a/c but not wire up yet
Has black dash cover..dash has no rips or cracks had the sliding tray
tint windows 35% all around the back half of car
New Battery
New Ignition Lock & Key Cylinder

ISSUES WITH CAR:
2nd Gear Synchros will need attention eventually. Car does shift if you double clutch from 1st to 2nd. Downshifting is a tad harder with the synchros acting up. Clutch is OK (car is used every day)

Reverse lights do not work. I suspect it's the switch that mounts in the transmission. I have the switch, just haven't had time to swap it out.

Car needs emergency brake cables and also exhaust work. NYS Inspection expires this month and I am not going to sink the money into the car at this time. I would prefer to see this car go to someone who has the money and ambition to restore this car back to it's former glory. The car has a TON of potential and is still an excellent daily driver. I travel extensively and I can't justify putting the miles on this car and don't want to run it into the ground.
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!!!!
I'm asking $2500 or best offer. This car does need to go though,and go SOON. I need to get a newer car as soon as possible and will be using the money from this car toward a newer car. I am also not interested in trades at this time. Cash only transaction please. This car is located in Upstate New York in the Capital District/ Albany Area. Serious inquiries for pics only as well.
This car is a great turn-kay Supercoupe. It runs 100% and will make someone a fantastic car. I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere at anytime at the drop of a hat.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
There were a couple of people who responded to my ad for this car. Unfortunately I lost the e-mails by accident. Please e-mail me again at your convenience. Sorry... :(

Pics Posted

For those who contacted me regarding the car, I am relisting it at this time. I am enclosing some pics of the car to give people an idea of it's condition.
Again, if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested, please contact me soon.

90RedSCForSale003.jpg

90RedSCForSale002.jpg

90RedSCForSale008.jpg

90RedSCForSale006.jpg

90RedSCForSale007.jpg

90RedSCForSale005.jpg

90RedSCForSale001.jpg

90RedSCForSale004.jpg

This is the last bump. If noone is interested the car will be traded into the dealer where it will most likely be wholesaled to a dealer or possibly a salvage yard due to age of the car. Car needs to go THIS WEEK.

We pick up our new car today. Unfortunately, the Supercoupe ended up at a local salvage yard for $500. I will be driving it there in about 20 minutes. The car sure was a fun car to own and I will miss it.

NY90RedSC said:
I am putting my 1990 red Supercoupe up for sale.. . . . I am not going to sink the money into the car at this time.. . . . I can't justify putting the miles on this car and don't want to run it into the ground.
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!!!! . . . I'm asking $2500 or best offer. It runs 100% and will make someone a fantastic car. I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere at anytime at the drop of a hat.Thanks!!!
. . . and how is selling a $2500 car for $500 a financially wise decision? :confused:

A $2500 car sitting unused in the driveway is worth nothing, so the better questions would be...

Is selling a car without any real value for $500 a sound financial decision...
... Yes!

Would I have done it... No.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa................!

Did you really do that? I'm betting that if you lowered your price toward the end you'd have gotten a lot more than that j-yard gave you!!! I can't believe the things people do, come on folks, get the patients thing going.

Plat0ribs said:
A $2500 car sitting unused in the driveway is worth nothing, so the better questions would be...

Is selling a car without any real value for $500 a sound financial decision...
... Yes!

Would I have done it... No.
This car would have been worth more as a parts car and would have sold quickly @ ~$1000/$1500

But to each their own.

Hey........!

On second thought gimme the phone number of the j-yard!!!! Hell, Post it here so someone can go rescue it!!!! I'll bet Pock will be there before me!!!!!!!!! cheers and beers, Frank H.

If you had checked the updates I posted on this ad over the past couple of weeks you would have seen I DID drop the price and I stated SEVERAL times that car needed to be sold. Had anyone expressed an interest in the car then maybe something could have been worked out.
As for the patience issue, there are two sides to that coin as well. Those who snooze, lose, plain and simple. If you were interested in the car you should have spoken up. I stated plainly in the ad this car needed to go, yet with the exception of a handful of dreamers, noone was SERIOUSLY interested in the car. Amazingly, noone posted any serious responses until after the car was gone. I had no place to store the car and I needed to make room for the new car we purchased. Not everyone has 5 acres to park cars and not everyone has city ordinances that prohibit unlicensed vehicles from being stored in the city. Unfortunately, I fell into that category. I got $500 for the car which was more than was offered by anyone here at any point in time. I also do not have the room or facilities to tear a car apart and sell off a piece at a time.

NY90RedSC said:
If you had checked the updates I posted on this ad over the past couple of weeks you would have seen I DID drop the price and I stated SEVERAL times that car needed to be sold. Had anyone expressed an interest in the car then maybe something could have been worked out.
As for the patience issue, there are two sides to that coin as well. Those who snooze, lose, plain and simple. If you were interested in the car you should have spoken up. I stated plainly in the ad this car needed to go, yet with the exception of a handful of dreamers, noone was SERIOUSLY interested in the car. Amazingly, noone posted any serious responses until after the car was gone. I had no place to store the car and I needed to make room for the new car we purchased. Not everyone has 5 acres to park cars and not everyone has city ordinances that prohibit unlicensed vehicles from being stored in the city. Unfortunately, I fell into that category. I got $500 for the car which was more than was offered by anyone here at any point in time. I also do not have the room or facilities to tear a car apart and sell off a piece at a time.
:( I hadn't seen the ad until a few hours after you sold it. I only come here once in a while to see whats for sale.

Best of luck to you on your new purchase.

I was at the yard yesterday and the car has already been stripped. The shell is sitting on old tires with the drivetrain gone, the interior gone, the glass and headlights gone as well as the front bumper cover and doors. Definitely didn't take long for them to strip it. Oh well...

Back