seafoam and our cars

Merlon

so i hear good things about this product through searches andfriends.

i was wondering how to get it into the pcv system.
do i take off the pcv valve and get a shallow cup and let the pcv suck it in, or do i pour it where the valve was?

and how much a 1/3 of a pint, and the rest into the crankcase?
then change my oil in a few weeks? i only drive about 20-50 miles a week.

actually, you should suck it in from the little air tube that leads to the boost gauge... the one on the plenum to the manifold. behind the Air Charge Temperature Sensor. Disconnect the hose and get a same diameter hose have it suck up the sea foam from there.

darkstar_one said:
actually, you should suck it in from the little air tube that leads to the boost gauge... the one on the plenum to the manifold. behind the Air Charge Temperature Sensor. Disconnect the hose and get a same diameter hose have it suck up the sea foam from there.

Thats where i sucked mine in through. This is how i used sea foam in my car.

Split the bottle into 3 equal portions. First cup pour in your gas tank, 2nd cup into your oil (must change oil the day after) and the third suck in through the "boost tube". Go slowly at first, sucking in a little sea foam and alot of air at a time. When about 3/4 of the cup is gone, submerge the tube and suck in only sea foam until the engine sputters and dies. Let it sit as is for about an hour. After an hour, run the car (make take some time to start) and drive it. Really get on it (high revs) after its warmed up to really eject out all that carbon. Smoke from the tail pipes will be immense. Dont worry nothings wrong :D . After no more black smoke comes out, stop the car and park it, or whatever. The next day, add some more gas, and change the oil and youre good to go! Should run better than it ever did!

too many tubes, i cant rely on my knowlege of this

car to find this boost tube. pictures would help. so i went on ahead to pepboys and bought two bottles, and if i only need one, ill keep the other for next spring. but on my way back the vmm faceplate fell out, and now i cant get that sucker back on straight, with the light where they should be. i never actually use it, but it always looked cool. maybe its time i make or buy the delete panel.

but back to sea foam. where is this hose again?

You can pull any hose connected to the intake plenum to suck the stuff through. It'all suck it into the intake system lickety split.

yesir

left it for an hour, but barley any white smoke, smelled a little though, like skunky ~~~ when i got on it.

tommorow im going to change my oil out, since its about time, and this will loosen the dirt up.

yea....sometimes it will smoke and sometimes it wont. That just means there was not alot of carbon build up in your engine, which you can assume was generall taken care of.

Today i changed my oil

and before i put around 1/3-1/2 a bottle to my crankcase my car wa smaking this clicking noise when i drove, like noisy lifters, or something. i put this in hoping i wasnt going to have to replace anything, and after the oil was oil and new oil in the car had no more noise from the engine.

good stuff, and now all i need to do drive my car to get the remaining 1/2 bottle outta the gas tank. and to get the idle back, i unplugged the batery to have it checked, damn radio presets.

I wanted to see this huge cloud of fog but i didnt get any, so i guess my engine is clean, now for a new set of wires, and maybe an aluminum core radiator.

Thats where i sucked mine in through. This is how i used sea foam in my car.

Split the bottle into 3 equal portions. First cup pour in your gas tank, 2nd cup into your oil (must change oil the day after) and the third suck in through the "boost tube". Go slowly at first, sucking in a little sea foam and alot of air at a time. When about 3/4 of the cup is gone, submerge the tube and suck in only sea foam until the engine sputters and dies. Let it sit as is for about an hour. After an hour, run the car (make take some time to start) and drive it. Really get on it (high revs) after its warmed up to really eject out all that carbon. Smoke from the tail pipes will be immense. Dont worry nothings wrong :D . After no more black smoke comes out, stop the car and park it, or whatever. The next day, add some more gas, and change the oil and youre good to go! Should run better than it ever did!

So you add it into the tank, and oil before you start up the car. then as the car is running, put it into the "boost tube"?

yea....sometimes it will smoke and sometimes it wont. That just means there was not alot of carbon build up in your engine, which you can assume was generall taken care of.
You're supposed to ingest it, shut the engine off, wait 5 minutes and then restart. When I used it last year, it produced quite a bit of smoke. But this year, nothing.. zero. I thought I must have run it through too fast. OK.. so now I guess I can go ahead and get my smog test done. :)

i used this stuff in my 91 crown vic at the local meijer and it was a smoke show and a half. I got the cops called on me. Very fun!:D

Any hose before the blower, or I guess after the blower as long as you don't go into boost. i'd pull the one that's easiest to get on and off and sneak into a bottle.

so what exactly would happen if you left it in the crankcase oil, for say the 3000 miles? (didnt do it in the tbird, did it in another car)

Probably nothing as long as you are running the motor, thus up to operating temps. The cleaning products in the stuff evaporates or burns off. The other stuff won't really cause an issue.

so what exactly would happen if you left it in the crankcase oil, for say the 3000 miles? (didnt do it in the tbird, did it in another car)

i called seafoam and the guy never mentioned changing the oil at all. im pretty sure if you really really had to, they woudl mention it in bold lettering on the can or something...

Back