Moog Strut Rod Bushings Pos?

Miller

I picked up the moog strut rod bushigns today, for the LCA and the frame, and I have to say they look, and feel like pieces -o - crap.. they feel like they are made out of plastic.... on tccoa i read a few things saying they crack pretty quickly, just wondering if anybody has any experiences with this... I had thought iu heard godo things about the moogs, but now im not sure....? if they are POS, what do you recommend ?

My experience with Moog

I put a set of Moog bushings on my car a couple of years back and the front bushing (strut rod) on the passenger side split and flattened out. Fortunately I still had the original Ford OEM bushings that I removed and put them back on. Now having said that, I believe Moog was informed about the problem and has released a "new improved" version that replaces the defective units. I doubt that anyone is still selling the old style, but you may want to check part numbers just to make sure.

None of the other bushings, control arms, swaybar links, etc. that I got from Moog have had any failure issues...

i went thru the same thing , worst part is according to the shop replacing them includes quite a bit of work , so now the labor of replacing them is more expensive than the bushings........

I tried them back a while. First autocross with them on a hard left turn the bushing popped off over teh washer and shot across to course. I have the ford ones now.

Back