Audio ?

93 Tbird said:
can i replace it becuase mine is no good and sound like ~~~~.

YES.
If you insist on keeping it stock, you will need to remove the sub/amp unit from the trunk 4 nuts and 1 or 2 are a real reach-around..
Take the amp and bracket off the enclosure.
Take out like 6 or 8 black phillips/hex screws.
Find a spot with flat concrete/asphalt and with a mallet pound on the box around the seam of it til it comes apart. It may come apart after removing the screws, but mine didn't. I had to use my buckshot mallet to get it open.
Once you get it open, its easy from there.
Keep in mind that you will be replacing the driver with one thats likely a different mounting depth, and you may need to modify the enclosure in that respect to accomodate it.
Lettuce know how you make out!
I have a 1200 watt JBL amp with 2 Alpine R subs, and I'm still not happy.:rolleyes:

paul

the reason they are junk now is because they are old and dry rotted, replace it with a JL 6w0. will sound much better but make sure and check to see if you have a 4ohm or 8ohm subwoofer, i did this a long time ago and cant remember what resistance they are, im leaning towards 8ohm.

JL 6w0

Gary Bitzer said:
replace it with a JL 6w0. will sound much better
I second that motion. I replaced the JBL with the JL mentioned. You will have to trim 3/8" from the magnet supports inside the box. The JL controls the bass much better than the JBL.

68COUGAR

Back