07 Shelby Cobra

Should actually be in the mid to low 30,000 range from what I heard...But sticker markup will bring it much higher the first year out

Yeah, some people are reporting up to 50k to buy the first ones off the lot. The way I see it, your buying a mini Ford GT, just saving a hundred grand and change :p

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Should actually be in the mid to low 30,000 range from what I heard...But sticker markup will bring it much higher the first year out

Once again you are in Lala land Damon. Estimated MSRP's before dealer markups.

So to review the prices:

* Shelby Coupe - $40,930 + $1300 GG Tax + $745 = $42,975
* Shelby Convt. - $45,755 + $1300 GG Tax + $745 = $47,800

Remember these prices are just Base prices with no options so the prices will be even more when you get done optioning the thing out.

From here.

Pricing:
Coupe 40,930
vert 45,755
GG 1,300
D&D 745.00

MSRP on Coupe:$42,975
MSRP on Vert: $47,800

The MSRP on a 03 Cobra was $34,750 when they first hit the market in 02 and then the dealers were adding up to $10,000. All one had to do is wait 6-9 months and they were sold for under MSRP. In the fall of 03 the coupes could be had for 28-29K. Ford then had trouble moving the 04s off of the lots. The same will happen to the 07s. They will be making 8,000-10,000 GT 500s a year for 3 years. I will pickup an 07 early next year.... anyone interested in a 2,300 mile 03? :D

Bryan

Grims95SC said:
Its heavy, about as heavy as our cars

Our cars: 89-93, 210hp stock, 94/95, 230hp stock.
The Shelby GT500: 500hp stock. Hmmmmm..........

I see Ford has improved their horsepower to weight ratio.:rolleyes: :D

It could be an even better ratio if the thing didn't weigh in at 3944lbs! :eek:
I thought Mustangs were susposed to be lighter than T-birds? Ah well, at least it has plenty of power to make up for it.

Hey guys the pricing is only what I had been told awhile back..From what I heard is most definitely different then saying IT WILL BE or SHALL BE. Apparently what I originally heard was off. Thsi wa snot based on personal opinion or my idea of what the said produced car should cost. You can talk to Russ about legal terms and how they identify certain criteria if you like. Hearing someone say something and reitterating it is far from drawing my own conclusion thus putting me in teh Dav eworld of lala land....However being I am nowe in that world....

Do you ever see me go Dave is once again in lala land everytime you say something inaccurate? Innacurat ebase don your own innacurate thinking? Of course not because that would be a personal attack and I dont play that game..... Because if I did I'd be pretty dam dangerous if I do say so myself....... Especially when it comes to anything related to the ford performance division which you hav ebene in a Dave "lala land" far to many times to count.....Anyway that should give me something to do while bored for the next week or two.

As for real cost we will see soon enough..I just called a buddy of mine and he said he already has non refundable deposits for up to 20,000 over sticker...Now thats diehard Ford fans if I ever seen em.

Last edited:
As for real cost we will see soon enough..I just called a buddy of mine and he said he already has non refundable deposits for up to 20,000 over sticker...Now thats diehard Ford fans if I ever seen em.
I work with a guy that has had a 10k deposit on one for about 2 years. Not sure what, if any premium he many have to pay.

Kinda wondering, for 40k, how many better deals are out there for 500+ hp cars? Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I might just buy one of these if my '90 aod takes a dump within the next few years. ;)

You can get a bigblock crate motor pushing 500-600 HP form the summit catalog for prolly less than $10K and put in whatever half decent ride ya can fit it in (inluding ours:D )... And you'll be unique! Of course another $5K or so worth of tranny and rear end will prolly necessary in addition to...

I don't know would I ever call a $40K a good deal. I of course respect the cobras, but I'm not really impressed with a car you buy off the lot without any work put into it.

Hey guys the pricing is only what I had been told awhile back..From what I heard is most definitely different then saying IT WILL BE or SHALL BE. Apparently what I originally heard was off. Thsi wa snot based on personal opinion or my idea of what the said produced car should cost. You can talk to Russ about legal terms and how they identify certain criteria if you like. Hearing someone say something and reitterating it is far from drawing my own conclusion thus putting me in teh Dav eworld of lala land....However being I am nowe in that world....

Do you ever see me go Dave is once again in lala land everytime you say something inaccurate? Innacurat ebase don your own innacurate thinking? Of course not because that would be a personal attack and I dont play that game..... Because if I did I'd be pretty dam dangerous if I do say so myself....... Especially when it comes to anything related to the ford performance division which you hav ebene in a Dave "lala land" far to many times to count.....Anyway that should give me something to do while bored for the next week or two.

Sorry Damon, didn't mean to sound offensive, its just that every site I've ever seen has always estimated the MSRP to be over $40K so to me it seemed that you must be pulling numbers from another reality. I've never seen any estimates that the GT500 would be priced similarly to an 04 Cobra.

You are right, I'm in Lala land. I'm beginning to realize that more and more the older I get. :cool:

sizemoremk said:
You can get a bigblock crate motor pushing 500-600 HP form the summit catalog for prolly less than $10K and put in whatever half decent ride ya can fit it in (inluding ours:D )... And you'll be unique! Of course another $5K or so worth of tranny and rear end will prolly necessary in addition to...

I don't know would I ever call a $40K a good deal. I of course respect the cobras, but I'm not really impressed with a car you buy off the lot without any work put into it.

Nice. Didnt realize you could get that much hp out of those...of course, im a pretty big newb when it comes to anything but SCs (and even then..)

I agree with not being impressed with anything you dont work on yourself, however. Between my dad and I, we own 3 SCs, all 90's. We have done everything from replace the power steering lines 3 times (IN ONE CAR) to an entire engine replacement. I love our SCs, but they wont last forever :(

No car has ever come with rwhp ratings from the factory, especially not a Ford. Those are definitely FWHP numbers. For reference, David Neibert's 3.8L puts out between 525hp and 550hp at the motor.

It will be hard to say just how accurate those HP ratings will be. With forced induction air temps will always play a very large factor in actual HP numbers. Will the cars make bigger numbers on the dyno? I'm thinking yes. Will they run faster than that at the track? I would say yes - under ideal conditions. Will they get killed on the street by Z06's? Yep. I'll bet on it. :cool:

Back