Who would pay Xr7dave for a tune?

Are you intereste in a SCT chip and some tuning?

• Im in

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

turbospeed

im planning on getting a SCT chip , im wondering if anyone else is interested in one , maybe if we could get a reasonably large group and maybe pay for dave's traveling expenses ,

any one interested?

I had a really good experience with DD. Picked up a couple ponies & pound-foot (pound-feet?) and even found out that my fuel pump is going bad.

He was a pretty cool guy, even with the nice several hour delay we had, and I learned a lot from him (prolly annoyed the hell out of him too).

All in all, I would say a DD tune was a good thing for me and my car. (Wow, kinda sounded like a cheerleader there..)

JBA in San Diego is an SCT dealer and experienced with tuning SCs. No need to fly anyone in for a tune. If you want a mustang dyno tune, Pete at WOT Performance in Riverside is also an SCT dealer and will work out a group rate for us as well. A few SCs have been tuned there as well. I believe EFI university also holds a class there 1 or 2 times a year so we could possibly make it a tuning/learning event for all interested in attending.

Paul

well , i mentioned dalke because even seasoned guys like Dave Neibert say their cars never ran better.

but if the guys at jba are good im in. can you contact them?

everyone who is seriously interested post ,
i was thinking november , does it sound good to you guys?

I would trust xr7 Dave to do my tuning before I would trust someone with limited experience in dealing with our cars.

With all the quirks our cars have ,experience and knowledge would go a long way in doing a better job imho.

well there are 6 votes lets say the cost of flying dave , its about 400+ - round trip , so its about 70 bucks each , maybe he could stay at someones house , the cost of the tune? maybe around 100 each? .

for a few more bucks we could make sure our SC's are tuned by someone that dedicates only to SC's .

turbospeed said:
well there are 6 votes lets say the cost of flying dave , its about 400+ - round trip , so its about 70 bucks each , maybe he could stay at someones house , the cost of the tune? maybe around 100 each? .
Sounds great, when the people that have voted are committed with a deposit and a date set and dyno decided on, please be sure to post it so we can make it a chapter meet.

Paul

I will go with Greg at Racers Edge Tuning in Downey for my car. I've seen a lot of his work and am very impressed! He is also an SCT dealer.

Mike

Hi, I just picked up a 90 SC 5-speed, I'm from Los Alamitos, CA and could probably use a tune.
I need to register the car, and thus I imagine I will need to get smogged. Any recommendations before doing so? The SC I bought has been well taken care of despite the high mileage (189k) and does not smoke or burn oil. Still makes full boost. Pulls like crazy, even though I shift at around 3k.

How many HP can I pick up with a tune?

Thanks,
The Ghost
1990 White 5-speed
189k mi.

Welcome to the club.
The_Ghost said:
I need to register the car, and thus I imagine I will need to get smogged. Any recommendations before doing so?
New plugs and wires, clean the PCV valve and MAF then a fresh tank of Chevron would be a good starting point.
Get a game plan together first of what if any mods you think you would like to do to the car over the next year before you you look to tune it or you will likely end up having to do a few more tunes (obviously more money).
How many HP can I pick up with a tune?
Each car is unique, 10-25 HP is possible depending on several factors.

Paul

P.S. A few of us are getting together at Qualcomm stadium for a racelegal event if you would like to joiin us. It is Fri June 23rd.

Since several people have brought notice to a reply I had put in here which got deleted...here's my two.

I would rather give the business to someone local. How else do you expect to get the word of the SC out? How else would local businesses succeed at getting to know what the SC is all about? Not to mention you can always go back for a retune without having to fly someone out again and again. You'd have to pay for dyno time anyway and there are people here that can tune and can give them some background. We have 11 second SC's here in Cali that never got "the usual" stuff. We have SC motored turboed stangs running 10's that someone did without "the usual." There is more out there to be had if you gave them a chance.

aaaand, fyi, kaboom was in reference to turbospeed's attempt at being ingenious with lubricants and turning his blower into a nice paperweight...kaboom!

Last edited:
I spoke to Pete at WOT and he will give us the dyno for the day for $500. He also suggested we do it on a Sun and make a BBQ out of it. We would be the only business open so the entire parking lot will be empty for our use.

Paul

Al : F U

well if theres a good alternative im in , my car should be ready for september october , im trying a new cam profile from xr7dave , so i dont know how drivable it would be. but i think it should be fine as long as disconnect the blower belt , (better safe than sorry).

turbospeed said:
Al : F U

well if theres a good alternative im in , my car should be ready for september october , im trying a new cam profile from xr7dave , so i dont know how drivable it would be. but i think it should be fine as long as disconnect the blower belt , (better safe than sorry).
why don't you just unplug the fuel pump. quit being a panocha and get on it! just stay out of obscene ammounts of boost until it gets tuned.

BT Motorsports said:
I spoke to Pete at WOT and he will give us the dyno for the day for $500. He also suggested we do it on a Sun and make a BBQ out of it. We would be the only business open so the entire parking lot will be empty for our use.

Paul
That would be :cool: though I would probably be the only non-SC there. Hey, someone has to put down the low hp and torque numbers:D

Back