90 5spd new everything proj. car /parts car

wmu-sc

I have a 1990 5-spd SC for sale. The car was my project car, I had nearly EVERYTHING new before I had to move to North Carolina. The car is currently in Lawton, Mi. I am stuck in an apartment, and have no place to work on the car, and I'd rather sell it than let it sit and rot.

Here's the specs:
`106k miles.
Car is loaded, leather power seats, power & tinted windows, moonroof, everything.

Here's all the extras:
  • .020" over block. Block is painted, new brass plugs, new cam bearings, gunbored.
  • I'm including a dual-flowmaster 40-series exhaust. It's top notch, quiet, but flows great. Needs finish welding. I also am including the stock exhaust.
  • Stock manifolds ported and gasket matched (Good to well over 300hp)
  • Ported & Gasket match intake manifold
  • Ported & hot painted s-charger plenum
  • Hot painted I/C tubes
  • Custom mandrel bent cold-air, with 7" K&N
  • Brand new A/C Evaporator
  • Heads - New valves, seats, guides, fresh grind. Heads have been trued to cumbustion chamber. They have absolutely NO pitting.
  • New solid rubber motor mounts, brackets hot painted to match engine.
  • 2 extra spare rims, one full-size from later model SC, other the small aluminum "racing" disc (for 2 total small aluminum rims). Only one small rim has a good tire, the other has a hole.
  • New Intercooler - From a Volvo Semi. This fits directly in front of the radiator (I would use an LX radiator and make new brackets to space it out). I never finished, but it is VERY easy to plumb in.
  • New Wiper motor (it's a PAIN when that dies)
  • New driver's side Power window motor
  • A/C Charge kit included (fittings, guage, etc)
  • Blasted, painted, and rebuilt brake calipers

The car was completely torn apart until a week before i had to move, so the engine block is in place ONLY to hold up the tranny. This car as it sets is NOT capable of either driving or being towed. It MUST be trailered or put on a rollback.

The ONLY thing this car needs is a set of pistons & rods. I found a few manufacturers, you're looking at ~$600- for a set. I'd recommend checking the bearings, even though they're brand new, they have about 10 minutes run time on them. Check out this post for some more info http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40928

This car has never been stored outside (until just recently when I moved). It's not seen a winter, it's always been in a garage. I also recommend some new tires for it.

I don't want to sell the car, honestly. But it will be some time before I'll ever get back to it, and I love the car too much to let it go to hell. Even if you're not interested in driving the car, you can EASILY part it out for WAYYYY more than I am asking for it.

I have over $13k into it, including buying it for $8,000. Because it doesn't run, I'll part with it for $3k OBO. Please email collegiatepenury@yahoo.com with questions, or if you'd like to come see the car. I'm in North Carolina, so I'll have to arrange my friend to show it to you.

Here's a few pics. I'll drum up some more tonight. (The wheel caps are in the trunk):

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 156
  • rearquarter.JPG
    rearquarter.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 186
S.c.

My Wife had family up in Lawton...........I just picked up a VERY sweet 92' two weeks ago. Willing to trade for a 93' Crown Vicki LX?

Thanks, but I'm all set for cars. As it is, I have too many. Honestly, if it doesn't sell, I'm just going to trailer it down here and put it back together and drive it. The mountain roads would be a blast with that car. Thanks, though!

Back