looking to borrow a driverside window motor

Merlon

I can find the damn problem with my window. its a refurbished, or new i dont remeber motor, and its not working properly. well actually something is making the winodws work intermittent, like might roll up for 1 second, or down for 1 second but then will stop and try again in another 5 minutes same thing.

i just need to rule the motor out, it works ouside of the window, plugged in but not attached, but i think its not strong enough to lift that fatty ~~~ window, so if you could let me use a known working one, id really appreciate it. just to make sure its not something else. then i go back and get another one under warranty

immanuel

cool cool,

when are you around? im available now, and available tommorow.
i can shoot over in my fiero or my bird either way.

let me know4085090888
i dont think i have your number

Thanks for the help Ddubb

i got home, ate:D
put your motor in, and its working fine. so i hopped over to my mechanic and told him that i want another one, and ill install it. i went there and this is what his people told him

Not the motor, its the regulator, cost you $200
So what were they going to do?

im guessing get another motor from ford, and install it and keep the damn regulator and money:mad:

But you can buy the actual motor seperately, there is also a core charge on it at the dealership. Even though the dealership does not accept returns on Electrical items, so he is going to have to eat it and buy a new motor. Weird huh ?

- Dan

also about the backwards wireing

when i put in your motor dan, the up button made the window go up, and down was down again.

so im thinking that that whole motor was poo.
What kind of rebuild is that?

pass side motor took a dump on me. Went to pick and pull bought one for 5.00

Works fine........damn i could have spent 200.00 at the dealer darn it!

Kurt

Its about $90 for the Motor alone at the dealer, $45 is their cost price. $200 for the entire regulator setup. You never know with a Pick and pull motor, Id buy the exchange policy on a motor, just in case. :D

I have a bad motor in my Chevy that sticks from time to time, so I have to tap it with something to make it work again. :rolleyes:

- Dan

no doubt,

i guess when i get it, not today, couldnt...maybe tommorow, ill do it myself. no reason not too. not complicated,

Just make sure you pull the window up by hand before you start installing the motor. I started putting mine back in today and couldnt fit my hand in there .. getting it out, no problem. :rolleyes:

- Dan

oh yeah man

i have taken the motors out of my window half dozen times, the motor worked outside the window, guess the thing just wasnt as strong as your motor. couldnt lift out mammoth coupe window:D

Back