Alternate fuel

tim

I dont know how many of you have diesel cars or trucks but if you do this is for you. One of the guys I work with converted his detroit deisel to run on 100% soy bean oil. Conversion kits are about $3000 for a big truck less for a small one. Diesel fuel in our area is $3.20 a gallon. Soy is $1.90 delivered in 750 gallon totes. He gets 2 miles to a gallon better fuel milage, no smoke at all. We average about $750 a week in deisel per truck, it is a saving of over $70 a day in most cases. The engine has to have a small diesel tank for start up. Start on diesel and when the engine temp hits 180 degrees throw a switch and it goes right to soy oil. I drove this truck and its smoother then on diesel, quieter, and no smell. My Mack is going in for conversion in the next few weeks. I have to wait in line so many truckers around here are switching over. Just a thought. It also works on any other engine that is diesel.:eek:

Thats pretty dam cool..I guess you can run on just about anything then with a diesel type engine so long as the operating temp is up tp snuff.

The great thing about it is it really cuts down on polution too. I dont understand all of it but from what I was toldit cuts out 50% at this point. Just about any kind of oill will work. We are going to be using soy. But they are in the process of using corn oil to. i saw a sample of engine oil that is made out of vegatable oils, what I dont know. It is suposed to run like 10-30. Cost is less than petro oil. It picks up a lot more junk out of the engine and get dirty faster. Right now I go 10000 miles on an oil change. This new stuff will have to be changed at 5000 mi.:D

ITS ACTUALLY CALLED BIODIESEL, AND CAN BE MADE FROM ESSENTIALLY ANY KIND OF VEGETABLE OIL. TRUCKS! DID AN EPISODE ON IT NOT TOO LONG AGO- THEIR F250 SUPER DUTY GAINED 12 HP AND 20 TQ BY SWITCHING TO A KIT THAT TAKES USED FRIER OIL FROM RESTAURANTS, CLEANS AND CONVERTS IT INTO BIODIESEL. AFTER LIKE $2500 FOR THE KIT, THE COST OF THE FUEL WAS SOMEWHERE AROUND $1.20/GALLON OR SO. CHECK THIS SITE OUT....
WWW.BIODEISELNOW.COM

I just love to read stuff like this where the government swine loses more and more money to ideas like this.....I hope they don't find a way to tax veggie oil!
If that water thing becomes affordable, I'd convert all my vehicles....

Its been around a while

people have been converting their diesel motors to run on waste and virgin vegetable oil for a long time now, its not a new concept. I think Rudolf Diesel was the first one to convert a diesel motor to run off of peanut oil. There are plenty of resources on the net about using vegetable oil in a diesel motor. The reason why we don't use biodiesel right now is because we would need to grow soybeans on every acre of land to produce enough biodiesel to fill all the trucks that haul worthless Chinese crap to the wal-marts of America. Plus take a 1984 mercedes benz diesel owner in 1984 (got that picture in your head?) and have them digging behind a restaurant asking for some grease for their car.

Well believe iy or not this is going to be the wave of the future for local trucking. We already have a company in Greenbay wisconsin that can produce enough to supply most of the midwest local haul trucking companies. for me its not about much else but not having to bow down to the oil companies. I am tired of giving them $36000 a year. As far as I am concerened they can stick there diesel in there turbins.:mad:

Back