EGR Tube?

MadMerc

My egr valve tube is broke and I need to replace it.
Ford seems to have the EGR valve, but NOT the tubes anymore.... is there a tube that fits from another engine or do I have to get creative with junk yard parts?

I have it blocked off now and it runs like crap. I was told by a few people I trust that blocking it off could cause problems with the exhaust temp and will reduce power.
I would like to keep my car running with the EGR valve, but need a solution for the discontinued part.
anyone else have an idea that works?
Thanks.

There are alot of people who have used the block off plate and have had no problems afterwards. Just leave the electronics for the EGR plugged in.

If you are getting exhaust gasses inside the car.........
I recently read Michadog suggesting hacksawing the thing at the nut and blocking it with a penny. and fabbing a plate out of some tin/steel for the intake plenum.
A temporary fix, and Cheaper than buying a 'kit'.
If there is a leak, that will stop it while you look at a boneyard or eBay for a replacement.
Just keep everything else plugged in and you should be ok.

paul

Thanks guys for the replies, I'll plug the electrical back in untill I find a replacement at the wrecker.

EGR Tube..

Hey,

As you have discovered, lots of parts have already been discontinued by Ford. Probably your best bet is to see if you can get "new old stock" from obsolete parts dealers. I actually bought one of these tubes about a year or so ago for my '95. If I recall, it was about $120. I went through a website called www.collectorsautosupply.com. They have some warehouse stock parts, but also are hooked into a network, and if there's one out there, they'll probably find it. The part # is F4SZ9D477K. You can send them an email or give them a call. Another Obsolete parts company I have used is www.greensalescompany.com. I searched they're webpage, and they don't show this part in stock, but you could possibly give them a call just to verify.

Good luck.

David
'95 SC
5-speed

What year SC do you have? The EGR tube on early cars is not the same as the 94+ models.

Check the classifieds section for people parting SCs and ask if they would sell you the tube.

For the record, I KNOW I bought a new EGR tube several years ago from Ford that cross referenced to a Windstar. I would think that part is still available. Maybe Ed N. could assist. And price was about $60 new if memory serves me correctly.

Micah

Micahdogg said:
For the record, I KNOW I bought a new EGR tube several years ago from Ford that cross referenced to a Windstar. I would think that part is still available. Maybe Ed N. could assist. And price was about $60 new if memory serves me correctly.

Micah

So you tell us that crap now! Your big help!:D

Micahdogg said:

Micah

That's a new one on me. The early and late SC tubes are both obsolete, with no replacement numbers showing. A few SC parts do change up to later 3.8 Mustang / Windstar numbers, but AFAIK, the EGR tube does not. Looking at the catalogue illustrations of the various year Windstar tubes, I don't see any that look like they would fit for an SC.

If someone was to find information to refute what I've found, it would be a great help. But I think that Micah has been in to the Hamms again. ;) :p

cheers
Ed N.

This was several years ago, but Crossroads Ford here in Spfld, IL had it in stock...and they don't stock SC parts. They are primarily a truck dealer. The guy said it fit Windstars so I took his word for it. I've since sold it.

Micah

Back