Restore black plastic and rubber trim pieces?

S

Supercoupe92

Restore black plastic and rubber trim pieces?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good way to "restore" the black plastic trim pieces on our SCs? Like the black door handles, long black piece at the base of the front windshield, etc?

Also the black rubber pieces at the top of the windshields on the front and rear windows looked scuffed because some of the black has weathered away.

Any good ways to restore the black without replacing the pieces?

Thanks in advance!

-matt

Re: Restore black plastic and rubber trim pieces?

I have used Meguir's trim detailer, it makes them black again. It only seems to last about two weeks though, before it needs to be reapplied. Probably replacement is the only real fix.

Re: Restore black plastic and rubber trim pieces?

I painted my faded and chipped one with some duplicolor bumper paint. It worked very well.

Justin

Mother's Back to Black works quite well.

Thomas

Anyone want to buy a Lincoln Blackwood?

Mother's Back to Black works quite well.

Thomas

Anyone want to buy a Lincoln Blackwood?

The stuff works wonders.. I had to repaint my rear-bumper paint because the yellow crap was showing :( but still no problem.. i just re-do it every couple years

I've been using the Back to Black stuff for awhile, and I'm happy with the results. The only thing I've noticed is that on parts that are really faded, it will look "streaky" on the first application. Just apply it a few more times to get it even.

-Rod

Back