Ohio DYNO DAY with DALKE

Heat Wave!!

So How bad is the 90 degree heat going to hurt the Dyno Numbers?

And Jim is gonna tag along, so Im guessing to be there around 10 see you all.

Mike

sorry i couldnt make it up there guys. As many of you may know, Lake County was in like a state of emergency. My house was 4 feet underwater and ive been helping sort through this stuff. I just got my computer and phone going again due to loss of power, so i would have told you all sooner but it was unplanned.

Mabye next time, hope everything went well!

Thats too bad to hear, Hope everything works out for ya.

As far as the Tune session Id say everything went well until I was on my way home:mad: :mad:

Oh well, only ANOTHER BALANCER!!!! :eek:

Mike

littleboylan said:
Thats too bad to hear, Hope everything works out for ya.

As far as the Tune session Id say everything went well until I was on my way home:mad: :mad:

Oh well, only ANOTHER BALANCER!!!! :eek:

Mike

Mike, sorry to hear about that......Dave figures that might also be the problem with mine, I'll have to check it out later on.

BTW, it was great to meet up with you guys, and thanks for the helping hand and tools. Next time we meet up I might have to bring some of the "good stuff" for ya...;)

oh mother ~~~~er........i forgot i need a balancer replacement soon.

Dyno day was long and tiring. :/

Mike made just over 300rwhp which was nice to see, up from 267rwhp at the last meet. Amazing what non-slipping belts will do for you.

Bill also made just over 300rwhp. Alcohol injection didn't do much for him, maybe 5rwhp, but in the end we decided that he didn't have enough boost to warrant it. He is running somewhere right around 10psi. It did seem to do a lot for consistency though because with 8 back to back runs in 90 deg heat the car didn't lose any HP tracking run after run within 3 rwhp of each other.

Steve didn't fare so well. His 1.7L AR was making 18psi but even with alchohol injection we couldn't get more than 235rwhp. There really seemed to be something holding the car back and 2 things that come to mind are 1) clogged cats, or 2) a slipped balancer. The car was running real rich for some time and may have clogged the cats but also the car is generating extreme heat. With the EEC tuner we were only able to command a max of 27 deg timing so we could not test the theory of retarded timing.

Howard put his pristine blue 89 on the rollers for a couple passes nailing a best of 246rwhp with a few bolt on's and no tune. The car was pulling 11.0-10.9 AFR's which is right where the factory commanded it. I few more HP might have been pulled out of it with a tune but he wasn't quite ready for that yet. ;)

I guess the word of the day for this tuning session was MAC Cold Air Intakes. Man, what a pain. Everyone was pegging their meters. On Mike's car we had to run a 60lb sample tube to get enough range to run 42lb injectors. :confused: Steve had the same intake and was also nearly pegging the 60lb sample tube with only 235rwhp.

That's about it for excitement over here. I went to get the white car dyno'd today but I got bumped off the dyno and had to reschedule that one. This car seems pretty strong with an MPI and 10% OD it will light the 255/50 BFG DR's like John Force so that's a good thing. :) Maybe we get some numbers tomorrow...

Thanks everyone, see ya' next time.

Last edited:
XR7 Dave said:
Steve didn't fare so well. His 1.7L AR was making 18psi but even with alchohol injection we couldn't get more than 235rwhp. There really seemed to be something holding the car back and 2 things that come to mind are 1) clogged cats, or 2) a slipped balancer. The car was running real rich for some time and may have clogged the cats but also the car is generating extreme heat. With the EEC tuner we were only able to command a max of 27 deg timing so we could not test the theory of retarded timing.

Steve had the same intake and was also nearly pegging the 60lb sample tube with only 235rwhp.

Thanks everyone, see ya' next time.

Dave, I sent you an email....I am almost positive that the cats are clogged. Going this week to have it removed.

Weird thing though is that the car feels faster that it ever did....

Dyno Day with Dave...

Hey, It was fun to meet those who were there! Wish I coulda stuck around all day. Guess that's why I didn't even get an honorable mention, lol:rolleyes:

Waiting to see the video, Jim.

Sorry to hear about the balancer, Mike, :mad: I guess that's seems to be the order of the day for these cars sometimes. I will say I was impressed with the power you made though!! I need to figure out what's next for mine, but I think I need to intermingle with everyone here more to find out what direction to go in next.

Dyno Day

That was a good time guys, good to meet everyone.

I guess I didn't miss too much leaving before steve dyno'd. Either way, that AR sounds awesome.

See ya next year

chris

I wish that I could have planned my day just a little better or went to Summit earlier in the day so I could have been there longer. Lyndsay and I had a good time though. I'd like to see another meet take place if at all possible before the shootout.

Shane

Bummer

Yea let me tell you how big of a bummer it is to be cruising along the eway, here what sounds like a bolt hit the bottom of the car.

An hour later, the check engine light, the upshift light, and that BLLLOOUUWWW sound when she backfires is something that Im getting sick of hearing these days, :eek:

Well I was impressed to pull off 301 rwhp, along with 375 trq,
But I must say that I am going to be buying the BHJ now, im not going through this nightmare EVER again!!!!

The old balancer snapped off at the hub, and luckily I was able to drill into the part stuck in there and slide hammer it out.

Now my only problem is trying to drill through a broken ez out inside the crank there, them things are extremely hard to drill through, probably need a carbide bit or something, shouldnt of used the loc-tite the second time.

Mike

Sounds like there was a decent turnout with some good numbers being made, wish I could have been there. Sorry to hear about the balancer Mike, you'll get it figured out soon I'm sure.

Back