Flashing suspension light

ramblerkoch

I've got a 92 SC. Recently the 'firm ride' flashes in a four blink series when in the soft mode. Does anyone know what these means? I seem to have lost my tech manual. Any help would be appreciated.

I coppied this from a post in the members section from years ago.

Here's a quick list of what I see in the service manual.

1 pause 1: Concern in LH rear
2 pause 2: Concern in RH rear
3 pause 3: Concern in RH front
4 pause 4: Concern in LH front

Start by making sure the electrical connection running to the actuator is good and the actuator is sitting properly - I would take it off and put it back on. Take it off by squeezing the two "tabs" on the side of the actuator and lifting. Then just push it back on.

Also found this thread. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13991&highlight=arc+flashing

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll look into this, this weekend. I hope its just a sticky actuator, I not ready to replace shocks yet.

Thanks Again!!

Yeah, hope it's nothing major. When a problem arises on these cars, we always hold our breath and hope for the best. Good luck on it.

Here's a few things to look at...
1. With the help of a friend (or other) and the key on, remove each actuator from the shock, one at a time. While someone moves the switch on & off, watch to see if each actuator is working. If all are moving, then I would suspect the adjuster rod in the top of the shock is siezed up. Sometimes you can spray WD40 and with small needle nose pliers, GENTILY try to work the rod back & forth to "free" up the adjuster.
2. If all seems OK, you just may have a faulty ARCM. Plenty of used one can be found by asking in the wanted section or searching the FS fourm.

I had this same problem, firm light blinking 3 times. After performing tests, replaced the ARCM and no more problems.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Cobra85 said:
Here's a few things to look at...
1. With the help of a friend (or other) and the key on, remove each actuator from the shock, one at a time. While someone moves the switch on & off, watch to see if each actuator is working. If all are moving, then I would suspect the adjuster rod in the top of the shock is siezed up. Sometimes you can spray WD40 and with small needle nose pliers, GENTILY try to work the rod back & forth to "free" up the adjuster.
2. If all seems OK, you just may have a faulty ARCM. Plenty of used one can be found by asking in the wanted section or searching the FS fourm.

I had this same problem, firm light blinking 3 times. After performing tests, replaced the ARCM and no more problems.

Hope this helps.

I was gonna say that too. ;) :rolleyes:

Good advice if the above doesn't help. :cool:

Back