rear end/drivetrain question

mredavis123

i have a friend that has a 90 LX with the 5.0 engine, auto trans. he has been striping parts from a 91 SC and converting his car into a psuedo SC. he paid $200 for the donor SC. this evening he asked me if the SC trans and rear end will fit. i told him maybe the LX had the same rear end (IRS) maybe i'm wrong. thats why i need answers from you guys. also will the SC trans bolt on the 5.0 engine? will he have to use the SC complete drivetrain? any help will be appreciated.

thanx

It all should bolt right up to a 5.0 with no problems. Are you sure its a 90? I dont think they got 5.0's until 91.

LX diff. vs. SC diff.

mredavis123 said:
i have a friend that has a 90 LX with the 5.0 engine, auto trans. he asked me if the SC rear end will fit. i told him maybe the LX had the same rear end (IRS)
The SC pumpkin will bolt right up to the LX. I believe that the 5.0 Liter birds got the 8.8" diff. (7.5" diff for n/a 3.8's), It's best to check though, cuz Ford has done some weird stuff in the past. If the LX has an open diff, the the SC Trac-Lok will be an upgrade.

If he does swap the diff's., a cheap & RECOMMENDED upgrade is to install poly diff. bushings.

68COUGAR

Back