Blower upgrade

Hey David If his cars are his babies then Eddie could start his own preschool by now....:D I was wondering if the 95 manifold would bolt right up to the 89-93...are they the same????

Quik95SC said:
I just did a MPIII swap and I had a 95 blower on my 95 SC duh It sounded good and eec learned as best it could. On the street it ran OK, really nothing to compare it to. I actually ran several 1/8 mile runs with it and it seems to run real well. dropped about 4/10 in the 1/8.

Here is where the problem came in, I ran it at the track in Dayton purposely to get it tuned from Dave D. It ran a 14.1, but was cutting off and sputtering half way down the track, (after the 1/8 mile distance), never had it WOT for that long before. Come to find out the computer was trying as best it could to adjust the A/F ratio, but could only do so much.

After the proper tune from Dave it ran a respectable 13.877 with very bad/shredding blower belt . The tune made a huge difference both for performance and safety.

Take some good advise and get it tuned as quickly as possible. These cars are too finicky to play around with and end up with a worse situation than when you started.

Good Luck,
Smitty

Was the shredding belt due to it being old or due to excessive power needed to turn the sc?

Simply old

Like a fool I didn't check it very closely during the swap over, but really noticed it in Dayton, at the track and no body had one for me to buy......go figure.

Smitty

Sweet90SC said:
Hey David If his cars are his babies then Eddie could start his own preschool by now....:D I was wondering if the 95 manifold would bolt right up to the 89-93...are they the same????
I have enough to start my own football team.....:D

GOOOOOOO T-Birds........

YEA........

Team colors will be red, black, and white for home games.....

And silver, midnight blue, and champagne for the away games......

Back