starting problem

93 Tbird

everytime i try to start my 93 SC it just keeps turning over and takes a while but eventualy starts up.. and when it does my RPM gage shuts off and the check engine light comes on...anybody have any suggestions would help thanks..

The cam sensor is where the distributor would be. The sensor is the round black part on top that has the harness plugged into it and it's held on by two screws on top. You should be able to find one at the parts store for around $30.

It's about 4-5" to the left of the crank pulley, behind the belt that goes up to the supercharger. Its a plastic thing that has 2 5.5mm bolts on top and an electrical connector on the side.

i got one more question am i supposed to disconnect the battery or sumthin before i take of the old sensor off or anythin special im supposed to do?

The most special thing you need to do is find a 5.5mm socket to get it off with. Good luck
Danny

It would be a good idea to disconnect the battery for 5-10 mins. After the battery is disconnect and re-connect, the car goes into "learn" mode. It doesn't have a "learn more" mode, so we have to disconnect the battery and let it start from scratch. Besides that, it gives you a 5-10 min break to admire your SC (they like it when you do that!!!!).

Back