Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Official GP!

Thomas A

LAST DAY TO BUY THESE AT THIS PRICE!! 9-1-06

Installation notes can be found here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80162

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
There will be three types of sets available. These will be sold in complete sets of 4 lines only, and come with mounting bracket and crush washers. Only very minor modifications such as mounting the new brackets is required for installation. I will make a tech post later with some tips for installing these. The options for lines are:

1989 - 1992 T-Bird/Cougar with Rear Disc Brakes
1993 - 1997 T-Bird/Cougar with Rear Disc Brakes
1993 - 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC & BASE

These lines were developed to be custom, yet universal at the same time. These will work with stock brakes, PBR calipers, Cobra Calipers, etc. If you have a car with rear drum brakes and still wanted to get some better braking, you could use the front lines only as they are the same. You will still have to buy the complete set as there are no provisions for rear drum brakes. If you need to know why we didn't work with drum brakes, feel free to drop me a PM.

ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:
To place an order, you will need to call Classic Tube directly at 1-800-882-3711. You must ask for "Tom", and say you want to take part in the "SCCoA Group Purchase" If you talk to someone else or do not mention the GP, you might not get an order in. Tom has been working with me on these for a couple months now, and has a good idea of what is going on.

When ordering, please specify the year of your car, regardless of brake upgrades. Even if you have swapped spindles, went to larger brakes, etc, you will want to get the lines that match the actual year of your car, as the fittings on the car side varies.

The price for the complete set of lines is $124.95 + Shipping. They will ship as 10 orders are received per style. So shipments will go out at 10 orders, 20 orders, etc until the date is up, where whatever remaining orders are left will be shipped.

This GP will be open and orders at this price will be accepted until September 1, 2006. After that date, pricing and availability will change.

Once you have placed your order, please post here or at TCCoA, or MarkVIII.org so we can keep track of how many orders have been placed. Let me know if you have any questions, and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks again for everyone’s support on these.

Thomas

ss_lines.jpg

Last edited:
Well I hope Tom has a restful night. I doubt he will be getting off the phone until sometime next week.

But I have a question, What are the payment options? Credit card, Money order, personal check, military secrets?

Major Credit Cards for sure, Visa, MC, AMEX. You will have to talk to Tom about other forms. Good question though.

Thomas

(Confused?)

Thomas,

You are the man. I am sure a lot of time and effort has gone into this on your part with no gain on your end other than maybe a discount on your set. Thanks for making this happen. Its nice to know that there are parts and ideas coming alive versus the "discontinued" mark FORD has made on these cars. Kudos Dude.

Last edited:
Not a problem. I'm glad I can help people out and help keep these great cars on the road.

Thomas

Last edited:
I am going to see about ordering a set for my road racer here within a few days. Thanks Thomas for putting this all together.

Shane

confirmation

I ordered my set of lines for my '89 yesterday. When talking to Tom, he said was very close to shipping the sets out. Can't wait to get these so I can start my Cobra brake upgrade.

Steve.

Thomas,

Which set will I need, the car is a 90 but I am switching to Mark 8 fronts, thanks for the help?!

Ryan

Which set will I need, the car is a 90 but I am switching to Mark 8 fronts, thanks for the help?!

When ordering, please specify the year of your car, regardless of brake upgrades. Even if you have swapped spindles, went to larger brakes, etc, you will want to get the lines that match the actual year of your car, as the fittings on the car side varies.

Order them for a 1990 Thunderbird.

Thomas

Thanks to those who have placed orders already! I hope we can get a total of 50 - 60 orders between the three styles. There is really no reason why we shouldn't.

If there is a good enough response, there is a good chance of these becoming something that can be purchased down in the future. They certainly won't be avail. at this low of a price, but it is nice to know that future MN12 and FN10 owners will have these available to them. Please do you part to help keep these cars on the road :D

Thomas

Maybe some of the folks don't realize the facts here.

Fact #1 - Your stock brake lines right now are junk. The stock rubber pieces are worn both externally and internally and it's only a matter of time when you'll have an issue with them. We had one guy here posting a few years ago that had the line come apart from the inside out.

Fact #2 - There is currently NO WHERE ELSE that you can get replacement stainless steel flexible brake lines for the SC. No where. No one makes them.

Fact #3 - This price is cheap. Yes that's right, cheap. You go to any shop that can make stainless steel flexible lines and try to get everything you're getting here for this kind of price. When this GP is over, it's never going to be cheaper and to be honest, nothing says these guys will bother to make anymore either.

Even if you don't plan to do brakes right now, it would be a wise move to scrape up some cash and get a set ordered and on your shelf. I don't think folks realize the benefit that lines like these can give to your car and it's brakes.

Placed order today for 1990 SC BIRD with Cobra brakes front and rear.

These stainless steel braided brake lines will be a good match
with my stainless steel braided E-brake cables when I get them
all installed.

Thanks Thomas for your time :Randy

Last edited:
Back