Once again Car and Driver prove once again that they are elitist snobs.

We can always compare..Afterall all these motors we are talking about are completely different animals. But over 500rwhp from a STOCK 3v with a blower..Impressive

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
We can always compare..Afterall all these motors we are talking about are completely different animals. But over 500rwhp from a STOCK 3v with a blower..Impressive

But how long is it gonna last? Last i read the 3V rods are as ~~~~~~ as the 2v ones.

Crap the 2 valve pistons are the weak link..Then the rods..Ask me how I know!....

Talk about design deficiencies.....Well they wernt made for a blower though sooo....

Wow, everything I just read reinforces my thoughts on the Mod Motor. I love them, because they are Ford, but GM is gettin' her done. And why doesn't Damon love me....I love you man?

Micah

Micahdogg said:
Wow, but GM is gettin' her done.

Micah

What a comment!! Why don't you just kick me in the balls.

Randy :)

Been haven bad luck .The guy down the road said he has been praying for me. Then I find out he is a devil worshipper.:confused: :)

Well...my list of people who get kicked in the balls is getting longer. You can be after Dennis now. Damon can be off the list if he shares a room with me at the Shootout.

Micah

Like I said...Never said that GM has a bad motor lineup..But interestingly enought the 4.4 liter motor gets that bad with the miles per gallon.

I love everyone..Even you Micah when you behave...Otherwise you get detention for kicking people in the nuts..Which quite frankly at your height...May be a problem....You kick someone in nuts....Thier reaction is to bend over in pain...Thus headbutting you in the crotch.....Not a good thing if I must say so myself...

I like seeing a Ferrari or Porsche probably better then the Corvette ZO6. Why? Because they are rare to see them on the streets, corvettes are all over the place. If I had a million what would I buy? A fleet of ZO6's. Theres no way I'd spend twice or thrice the price for a car that performs worse. I may buy a ferrari or porsche if I already had a ZO6 and wanted to blow away some money (and needed a good chick car, they dont know the Z06 will beat it), but past that the Z06 is a better performing car, and of course the cherry topper, its American.

Its not just Car & Driver thats bias, its ALL magazines. Stop reading them! No matter what the subject, bikes, jetski's, or car's, any awards or rankings coming from a magazine are 90 percent of the time based on ad revenue. For example, if anyones into jetskis, a certain mag gave the ski of the year to the yami VX110. The lowest hp, worst handling, biggest weighing piece of crap you could imagine. It was all based on a big money handout by yamaha. They compared it to a couple Seadoo's, and Kawasaki's, which were into the 180+ hp region, same capabilities with better handling, and they lost.

Magazines suck, get used to it.

O, am I off topic?

Its not just Car & Driver thats bias, its ALL magazines. Stop reading them! No matter what the subject, bikes, jetski's, or car's, any awards or rankings coming from a magazine are 90 percent of the time based on ad revenue.

actually that is a very good point !! - i know in entertainment biz - you want a newspaper to give your movie a good review - buy advertising !! so much for objectivity .. but in the case of car and driver .... i don't recall seeing many ads for ferrari...

The way they looked at it is no matter how they ranked the Corvette Americans will love them anyway. But if they pissed off the elite too much they might not ever get the chance to drive another new model Ferrari.

Anyway, after reading around it is clear that the Porsche and Z06 are a fair match but the Ferrari is or at least should have been a lot faster than it was in that test. And at the price, of course it should have.

One of the other mags did a much better comparison. Can't recall if it were Motor Trend or Road and Track. Funny thing in that test is that the Ford GT didn't do so hot.

I guess with any of those cars finding someone who can really wring out the best #'s is hard to find. :cool:

Back