Facts on the SVT Cobra 2003 vs SVT Cobra R 2000

Re: Bob Johnson is getting a 2003

Bobs getting a 2003
he orderd one the same time we did he cant wait to get it

What you mean "WE" white man?

Lemme guess, Dad bought the Cobra R and Jr gets to claim it's his on the BBS.

2003 cobra

the 2003 cobra does every bit of 175, and to unleash that, you'll just need a chip. it has the gearing. it does 155 (its limited top speed)at redline in 5th gear. and it has a whole extra gear to play with.

as for whats faster, depends on what you want. if you want to tear up the autox, the cobra r will spank the 03 left and right (with its less weight, better distribution, tires, susp. ect)

if you want a 1/4 demon, the 03 is faster stock for stock, but the cobra R is only .1 sec off, and dosent have a blower yet :)

Re: 2003 cobra

Thank's for your info
Blue SHO the 2003 are very nice and I do like the Blown DOHC

If I had the money I would still get the 2003 but unfortunately I am poor so I can dream of having both now if I can only keep the Cobra R 2000 payments are very high

Jesus

This is a very late reply to this nonsense. I would put my money on a 2000 cobra r over a 2003 cobra any day. The cobra r is not desingned for straight line racing. look up the specs that really matter. On street tires (not even good ones) the car oulls over a G on the skid pad. the 03 cobra barely pulls 0.92 g's. On track tires the cobra r pulls 1.15 g's conservativley. I mean conservative cause that is with the stock alignment. Throw in some neg camber and a little tow out i bet it would go over 1.2 g's. Also the brakes on this thing are insane. huge ~~~ brakes this thing will stop faster than a 03 cobra any day. On top of that this car wieghs 3,500 pounds. the 03 cobra wieghs atleast 3,800. I do believe the intent of this car was track racing, or auto crossing because of these features. Otherwise the car would have a solid axle in back. but thats just my opinion. Not everything is baout a straight line.

thetwztd1,

Did you ever see one of those movies where they bury something because it's bad or just too evil to leave lying around, and eventually someone comes along many years later and digs it back up ??

David

HA!.

When compared the 2000 Cobra R was a tad faster at the drag track and much faster on the track track. I forgot who did the comparison but it was both cars at the same time on the same day.

Now we can rebury it no? haha

Wowww this funny

Old posts never die they just get brought back.

Well to see my 2000 Cobra r please check out my web page in my signuture (Damon) and (thetwztd1) are correct the 2000 Cobra R is quicker and faster than the 03

Last edited:
The cobra r is also gutted and has an ugly wing.

I'd take the 03/04 Cobra over the R any day of the week.

The wing on the cobra R actually has a purpouse. Actually thr car is meant for racing period..At high speeds mind you!

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
The wing on the cobra R actually has a purpouse. Actually thr car is meant for racing period..At high speeds mind you!
He's just jealous because he wishes his EVO wing is as massive as the Cobra R's.

I'm not too big on the front bumper ground scraper which makes the rest of the body look naked. It's like half a ricer.:)

The Cobra R is a real deal factory built race car. It is superior to the 03/04 Cobra in every way except passenger comfort and ergonomics. Of course none of that really matters if the car never gets used for it's intended purpose. Jim...quit worrying about hurting the value of that car and start enjoying it.

Die thread die...

David

Randy N Connie said:
like the 2007 shelby 500.
5.8 with blower

5.4 DOHC, Randy ... Ford hasn't made a 5.8 engine for cars or light trucks since 1997 ... that was the 351W pushrod engine. :)

Yes, this thread should die. :p

Randy N Connie said:
I don't understand people buy cars ,then they are afraid to drive them. .:)

Randy

Randy your right pay $65,000 and tuck it away in the shop but I got so many other cars my Galaxie 427 R code car is my baby take to all car shows drive in meets. Looking into getting a K code 66 mustang fastback with matching numbers soon one more to add to the family :D

David Neibert said:
The Cobra R is a real deal factory built race car. It is superior to the 03/04 Cobra in every way except passenger comfort and ergonomics. Of course none of that really matters if the car never gets used for it's intended purpose. Jim...quit worrying about hurting the value of that car and start enjoying it.

Die thread die...

David

David its going to be ran.

I am entering it in the SVTOA road race at Laguna Seca this year there will be many high dollar cars racing in it. Also taking a few test laps with Jim Wells Shelby 427 Cobra that bugger is fast and original he and a few others are going to be on hand

Yes this thread should die lets let it rest for now until someone els digs it up again in 3 years ;)

He's just jealous because he wishes his EVO wing is as massive as the Cobra R's.

I wish my evo didn't have a wing at all, I'm thinking about getting a carbon trunk just to get rid of it.

With some work on that EVO, I'd put it against either Mustang. That 03 Cobra will own the Cobra R through the quarter mile and top speed with simple bolt-ons and a chip. The weight difference is not nearly as important once you get the car moving (if you were racing straight line-top speed). There would also have to be a complete buildup on the Cobra R engine before you got the tuning and internals ready to take the same amount of boost that the 03 Cobra already has with the new bolt-ons. Besides, who ever heard of a Mustang racing around a corner? I think that it was pretty dirty of Ford to put out another Mustang with more power at about half the price after screwing people on the Cobra R. They could have at least put some sort of patent on the body panels to keep all of these knock-off pieces from being put on Mustang GTs and trying to copy a car as rare as the Cobra R.

The Cobra R is a race car that is made to run hour after hour consistantly without blowing up..You do that to the 03 cobra or any number of other "race" cars from various manufacturers and most will just not hold up.

With some work on that EVO, I'd put it against either Mustang

Hell I can make a Yugo beat mustang...But it will always be a Yugo.

And youd be suprised jut show strong of a motor the Cobra R has. There is a guy running around with twin turboes on one

Back