Head Gasket Blown

Head Gasket blew, What year was yours?

• Total voters
It's weird ,but, I have 2 SC's both are 1990s 1 is auto the other is 5spd 1 was abused the other wasn't.They both blew head gaskets at 116,000 and change.

My '89 popped the gasket when it was my daily driver. I was 2o years old and a lowly E-I-Owe-You-1 in the military. Couldn't afford to keep putting money into it every other week, so I cut my losses and traded it for a Ranger. That was 8 years ago. I think the car had just about 100k on the odometer. It was a 5 speed.

To my knowledge as the previous owner stated one of the sides blew and ford repaired it under warranty. Not exactly sure how many miles but probably not many if it was still under warranty. Anyone know what they came with for warranty???

blown hg's

I've taken out 2 headgaskets so far.

93sc - 160,000km - (96,000 miles)

94sc - 240,000km - (140,000 miles)

I've got two SC's, a 90 and a 95. Both have around 98,500 miles. To my knowledge they have the original head gaskets.

i have a 92 they poped at around 75k or so bought the car with 64k about a year b4 they poped have owned the car for almost 3 years

I plan on replacing the head gaskets in my 63K engine befor I drive it one mile.

So (hopefully) I will never experience this special event.:cool:

The orignal motor had 149k and the original gaskets just no oil pressure. The replacement {used} 1991 motor had 78k when the head gaskets started leaking water outside the block. Never overheated and no water in the oil it just looses a quart of coolant every few months. Still driveable and dependable I just dont like leaks of any kind.

Just shy of 200,000. I thought that was pretty good. Then I added some goodies and blew them 5,000 later. That was pretty bad. oops:rolleyes:

im wondering if the lower mileage sc's that blew were original coolant or not flushed as often as supposed to!!

Back