Motor Mount Replacement

Motor Mount Replacement, what year was yours

• Total voters
Replaced in a 90

Mine were shot so bad it rubbed a hole in the oil pan, neighbors loved seeing the mess it left :)

on my 89 they were both torn in half. wasnt too bad of a job cuz the heads were already so i had lots of room.

what about multiple replacements on the same car? lol my mistake was to get the stock mounts again, they lasted about 6 months then broke again. mine didnt just wear a hole in the oil pan it wore a gash in the power steering line, the metal one, about 2 inches long. that was a really fun replacement.

I'm waiting on my solid rubber mounts and headgasket kit so I guess it will be fairly easy with a lil more finger room.

I'm waiting on my solid rubber mounts and headgasket kit so I guess it will be fairly easy with a lil more finger room.

i have broke soild ruber mounts in 5 mounths:eek::D spinningwheels-sc said i was the first in 7 years that they had to waranty out:D i made steel mounts till i get the new ones in and instaled:rolleyes:

what about multiple replacements on the same car? lol my mistake was to get the stock mounts again, they lasted about 6 months then broke again. mine didnt just wear a hole in the oil pan it wore a gash in the power steering line, the metal one, about 2 inches long. that was a really fun replacement.

My hi pressure power steering pump going out is what led me to swapping out the motor mounts too. I'm about half way through, by some miracle I haven't lost any tools to throwing them.....yet.

2 Birds.

90 with a 5 speed. When the motor came out they were in 2. I haven't replaced them yet because the motor is still out.

'95 Automatic. The motor is out and it's getting ready to go back in. New motor mounts are solid rubber. The old ones were hole but the oilpan was rubbing on the powersteering hose. I am thinking about rerouting the powersteering line.

96 motor mount

No option for '96 or '97 Birds? I guess you don't think our motor mounts are worn out enough. I'm thinking about replacing mine with hockey pucks. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

My motor mounts didn't look that bad but once I pulled out the alternator, power steering pump and a few other things, the driver's side motor mount was in two separate pices :eek: Whenever the accelerator was pressed, my entire engine would kind of jump-up an inch then rest back in place. Once replacing ONLY the driver's side mount, everything was okay.

Glad it didn't seem to damage anything

Back