Best year for the SC

What do you think is the best year for the SC?

• Total voters
Of course, I'm biased because I have a 93 but I like the older syle front end look plus the "2nd Gen" rear end look plus the stock wheels. This particular combination of appearance items is only the 93.

Jon

I voted for 93..... the reason I even would buy a SC was because I like the looks of the original front & rear of the car. then in 92 .. led rear trunk lights was a plus. and the smaller fuel tank allow the exhaust to be easier to configure was also good too.

89 Gets my vote. People think its much newer like 1993 or so.

I Think a 94-95 5speed with early sc rims would look good

I like the 93, it was the last year for the old body style (Which I like, nothing wrong with the 94 – 95 just not for me:eek: ) , LED rear lights, new brake system and has to be a 5-speed.:cool:

I vote 93 for all of the above reasons, they should have thrown the 94 blower and oiling on the 93, it would have been KING!:)

I love them all but 94-95 dash just wraps around you in comfort. The only improvement would be to use the 89-93 front end.

1989 - First year production, cleanest styling (shared with '90 and '91). It's the original design intent of the stylists. All too often, there seems to be pressure to come up with something "fresh" in the styling department after a couple of years. I think this usually ends up being an exercise in "what can we change even though it dosen't need to be changed". Personally, I don't see why they changed the tail lights in '92; I don't feel they go with the lines of the car at all. The front end changes in the later years look like a forced styling exercise to me.

But, that's only my opinion. The majority seem to stongly prefer the later model styling, and hate the earlier cars. Personally, I don't "dislike" any of them. If I run across a nice one of ANY year, it's going home with me. Also, the '95 5-speed gets the nod for rarity.

JD

I vote for the 94-95.I own a 91 and a 94 both 5 spds my 91 has 87k and my 94 has 200k. Both are in good mechanical condition but the 94 rides better and performs better than my 91. I like the 94 so much I am selling the 91.

Can't really say there was a "best" year. But fun to discuss. I said 94 since that's what I have and it is the lowest overall production year for the SC. But the year the most SC's were made should be considered too since, the more of these cars were made the better, especially since they're slowly disappearing.

93 is still the best year IMO.

Better braking system
NO EGR
The proper fuel tank
The Original styling (with updated rims)
Steel Valve covers

I like them all, but I prefer the more elegant front on the 94-95's, and the dash also...

But all SC's are great looking cars to me..

I agree! Outside 89-93, inside 94-95. I dont understand why, when Ford finally got everything right mechanically with the car (94-95) they stopped producing it. Just like the 87 Grand National, best and last year for it.

Last edited:
I said '94 but . . .

As far as best quality experience-wise, my first was a '93. It had 128k on it when I bought it, and the interior just seemed so well made. It was a cloth/leather combo/automatic. I discovered this webside, started renewing the car, and then finally decide to find me a '95 with low miles no moonroof and auto. I flew fron nashville TN to KayCee MO to buy the car with 63k on it. Found out from a body shop, after having bought at the recommendation of CARFAX, that it had been HAMMERED in a broadside wreck! Oh well, now the car has numerous mods, and 176K on it. I drive it almost every day and it has been very dependable and fun to drive. I would love to do a complete Super6 4.3 overhaul on it and keep it going. Since then I ahve bought a '95 SC 5 speed which currently has 25k on it. The '95 interiors don't have the qualty of the earlier ones. I am in the process of in stalling an MPII setup and it has SCP exhaust. I guess I am hooked! :eek:

FOMOCO needs to get rid of their politically correct (i.e., GAY) mindset, and concentrate on building good cars, the SC would be a wonderful car to bring back in a new version. :D

Back