power loss

littleboylan said:
From my experience with boost leaks, these cars are EXTREMELY picky...
I would be willing to bet that, that has a major impact on performance, but the only real way to know is by removing the top and resealing it.

Let us know what you find out...

Mike
what do i use to reseal the top with and the ic tube??

ok i took everything off,belts,charger ect.....the top had a leak and the belt was dryrotted,cracked and missing some of the belt slots that gos in the pullys.so im going to get a new belt and reseal the top of the charger.i think and pray that this fixes the problem and i knocked all of the crap out of the(brand new)cats.well wish me luck:) and ill let everyone know if its fixed or not in a few hours;) .

lon said:
ok i took everything off,belts,charger ect.....the top had a leak and the belt was dryrotted,cracked and missing some of the belt slots that gos in the pullys.so im going to get a new belt and reseal the top of the charger.i think and pray that this fixes the problem and i knocked all of the crap out of the(brand new)cats.well wish me luck:) and ill let everyone know if its fixed or not in a few hours;) .

Any news?? it's been 5 hours, hopefull you're out having fun in the bird :D

91supacoop said:
Any news?? it's been 5 hours, hopefull you're out having fun in the bird :D
bad news.its the same way.sealed everything(ic tubes,top on the charger,new belt,knocked cats out,checked all vac lines 30 times,put air through intake and sprayed everything with soapy water)trans is good(dont slip),runs good but wont spin the tires even if i foot brake it wot.dont know what ealse to do.well what should i do next????soo mad right now:mad:worked on it from 8:30am till 9:30pm.sooo stressed.im an auto tech (13 years)and dont know what to do lol.i had about seven 11 and 12 sec mustangs that i did on my own with no help at all and i cant find out whats wrong with this fking car(so sad)even unpluged the mass air flow sencer,nothing.well sc teachers what should i do next??

Last edited:
Whats your vac/boost reading at Idle?

Did you do anything to your car for it to act this way?

To me, it still sounds like a leak.

littleboylan said:
Whats your vac/boost reading at Idle?

Did you do anything to your car for it to act this way?

To me, it still sounds like a leak.
vac is around 17-18 at idle

I live in Monroe, so Ive helped twotonethunder get his car up and running again, but Ive been pretty busy.

Not to sure when Ill be available to help you out.

Maybe Monday morning, or something, if I dont get called to work. I might be able to help. But Im not sure if ill be able to do anything that you have not already done.

Maybe try pulling the codes, even if you dont have a check light right now, it could have stored something in the memory that will lead you to the solution.

Worth giving it a shot....

that will be cool as hell.ill fill up and be on my way as soon as you have time.1-586-477-5829 Lon:D

lon said:

these are good readings. I have the same values for in Neutral or Park. In drive i get about 16 - 15, depends of the weather and warm / cold engine.

dont think its a vacuum problem

well no luck over the weekend.im going to try and take it to my old shop and do a fuel press test and hook the snap on scanner up to it.dont know what ealse to do after that :confused:

lon said:

I think it should be little closer to 20" at idle, no gear.. Are you sure that idle vacuum has not gone down a little bit from when you engine was fine?

Jogi said:
I think it should be little closer to 20" at idle, no gear.. Are you sure that idle vacuum has not gone down a little bit from when you engine was fine?
its the same

Back