power window motor

danekejt

Anybody have any tips on removing the motor for the power windows? Passenger side power window motor the gears stripped. at least i am guessing thats what happened. you can hear the motor running but the window doesnt move. i took the door apart last night and the window is still in the track and the regulator doesnt move. so i am guessing the gears in the motor are shot.

Are the motors the same between an 89sc and a 91sc. i am assuming they are but you know what happens when you assume. Thanks

Your assumption is probably very good. I can't say 100%, but I'd say 99% based on what I know about the Tbirds. To get to the motor, you remove the speaker in the door. Unbolt the motor and remove it through the speaker hole. When you go to install the new motor, a hint to help line it up with the regulator is to plug it in and very briefly tap the button either or both ways to get it to turn enough to line up with the regulator. Then bolt it down.

power windows motor removal and install went like a peice of cake. i was done in now time. thanks for the suggestion. appreciate it.

hey, im having the same problem, i think my motor has its gears stripped, u can hear the motor strugglin, the regulator is fine but the motor just struggles and barely moves the window,

I posted pictures and a little bit of a walk through in the members section. It's in the electrical section. Basically it's held on with 3 bolts. Remove the inner door panel, pull the speaker, unbolt the motor, open the gearbox, remove the gears. Clean it out. Purchase some new parts, put it back together, packet it with grease, reinstall everything.

Those motors are pretty tough. Other than damage from moisture, the nylon gears will likely fail before anything else.

swing by the parts store and pick up a gear kit for it.

Gear Kit is part number WL33000 price is around 25 bucks from Autozone

The whole motor is around 65 bucks part number is WL43003

The motors are the same and the gear kits are the same for 1989-1991, i didn't check any other years above 91.

I just put a new rebuilt motor on my 35th because the brushes wore out and the difference is amazing. It runs like a window should, effortlessly and noiselessly. On my dragracer's motor the little rollers crushed so I took the good rollers out of the other bad motor and used them. It's fine but not smooth like the new one in the 35th.

Back