Help me out guys!!

007_SuperCoupe

I've got my SC on a site called motortopia.com. I have just started my first challenge, which is really nothing more than a popularity contest. Cars are "judged" on performance, style and overall. Please log onto the site and cast your vote for who you think it best. There aren't many SCs on the site right now, and this Camaro guy has already got his friends voting for his car. The challenge is located here:

http://www.motortopia.com/challenges/view/c/1339/i/silver_thunder_vs_88_maro/o/40.

The only catch to it is that you have to be registered on the site to cast a vote. It's no big deal to register, so please vote for the SC (I mean car) you like best!

A link to my SC on motortopia is below in my signature...

Thanks Melon and dahoopd. I think this site could be a lot of fun when it comes to these challenges.

I figured, what the he!!...just do it. It gets publicity for the car, and Thunderbirds as a whole. The site is predominantly Mustangs and Camaros. I've got to throw in my SC just because it's a bit different than the rest.

It's got a few rice cars on there too, but some are done in good taste. Really it's a good site that no matter what your fancy, it's there!

RadiumSC said:
Wow, I really like the bikini team. :D ;)

They look even better in person!

I'm not sure that they'll be in their bikinis at the next local car show in September. But I'm sure that they'll be there along with the reps from motortopia.com. The more I visit the site, the more that I like it.

I just like the fact that you can add journal entries to let people know what you're doing. And, of course, the fact that you can add pictures and arrange them however you feel like it. You can also add captions to the pictures to further tell the story. I haven't done that yet, but it's something that you can do. It's pretty cool. It would be neat to see something like that here, but I'm not sure that it would fit as nicely as it does there.

007_SuperCoupe said:
They look even better in person!

I'm not sure that they'll be in their bikinis at the next local car show in September. But I'm sure that they'll be there along with the reps from motortopia.com. The more I visit the site, the more that I like it.

I just like the fact that you can add journal entries to let people know what you're doing. And, of course, the fact that you can add pictures and arrange them however you feel like it. You can also add captions to the pictures to further tell the story. I haven't done that yet, but it's something that you can do. It's pretty cool. It would be neat to see something like that here, but I'm not sure that it would fit as nicely as it does there.

Maybe you can get Ken to put his SC on there too. You Nebraska SC guys rock!

RadiumSC said:

He's going to. I talked to him about it yesterday (was at his house) and suggested that he do so. I've also sent him an invite through the website to register. I sent out several of those invites. :) The more we get on there, the better it is! I'm not liking being one of a very few that are on there. This is a site where anything that has an engine of virtually any kind can belong. It's pretty cool, I think.

Well then I might add mine on there. Its just a lawn ornament now but it wont be soon. Can I get away with one pic?.....lol

Attachments

• project12.jpg
    project12.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 43
RadiumSC said:

Must be something in the water..

Oh Sam, how are the projects coming along?

Thanks guys! I actually selected that car to challenge as it is a nice car. I've always been a fan of the '80s Camaros and this is a nice one for sure. I didn't challenge a junk car...and there's plenty of them on the site too...because I wanted people to see that the Thunderbird can be a fast, good looking car. I wanted a quality car to show mine off against. Also to test the water and see how the voting would go. I'd prefer people to vote for the better car, not along manufacturer loyalties, but some people will always vote along manufacturer loyalties. I personally voted for this particular Camaro as it has several other challenges currently as well. It's a nice car.

RadiumSC said:
Looks like you might win this challenge Sam. I need more pics of mine to post. ;)

I'm not calling it yet...there's 4 days left. It's not over until the fat lady sings, as the saying goes. I did pick a nice car to go up against. I don't mind a close race. In fact, I think I'd prefer it. Watch it a lot closer in the days to come. I expect that it will.

Not that crappy Lincoln water... Mine comes straight from the water under the fields into a water-tower for a while to collect all the (un)necessary minerals before being delivered to my sink, thats why our football team was so good, and why my bones can't break. ;)

Feld said:
Not that crappy Lincoln water... Mine comes straight from the water under the fields into a water-tower for a while to collect all the (un)necessary minerals before being delivered to my sink, thats why our football team was so good, and why my bones can't break. ;)

You're that unbreakable dude that's been in the news, right? :eek: ;)

Sam, I don't dare challenge your car though. :p :D

Well Sam I registered and put up some pictures of my SC. Problem is I cant access the site from work. They have all these security filters and I cant log on at work. Most of my car pictures are on discs at work so all I had was engine shots at home. I will have to update the pictures in the next few days.

Ken

RadiumSC said:
You're that unbreakable dude that's been in the news, right? :eek: ;)

Sam, I don't dare challenge your car though. :p :D

Nope, I have done quite a few things that should have broken a couple of bones though..

Back