sunroof parts

redxr7

I have been trying to find parts for the sunroof. I found where to get the seals but after replacing them my sunroof still leaks. It is missing a insert part the guides the sunroof sun shade and stops water from leaking into the interior. I am looking for a that replacement part and dont know the name of the part or where to get it. Does anyone know who makes parts for the sunroof and where to get them.

When you say it leaks, does it leak as soon as water gets on it or does it take a little bit? The reason I ask is because it is not unusual for water to get around the seal, that is why there are drains on either side of the sunroof assembly, below the glass.

The drains work just fine. When I wash the car or if it rains, water leaks on to the sunshade and then on to the seats. There is a plastic insert that is missing that looks like a little drain bridge that crosses the rear side of the sunroof. It is the part that guides the sunshade in place. It is not the sunshade though. I just purchased another xr7 and it had this piece in it. My other car does not have it. This part is hard to describe. If you need a pic I can send it.

sounds like a seal i have the information for webasto i'll post it later tonite. my 96 did the same thing till i changed the seal

I changed the seal with in the last 2 months. I orded the seal from webasto. I will take a picture of what I am talking about.

Back