MP Tensioner Springs

As far as belt slip goes

Check around the blower snout for a fine black powder from the belt. If it seems like a lot then you probably have a considerable amount of slipping. Add this to the other suggestions on a lack of power then you should be able to tell.

I installed these and have yet to see any of that black powder residue on the snout at all. Still nice a clean. I'm running 20% with my MPIII.

Smitty

i havent checked compression yet my car stock with no blower runs 9.1:1 but with the blower setup i was informed i would be running between 10:1 and 11:1

I like the springs. I am running 25% OD and hit 19psi and have no belt slip.

Marty

i think you have some slip. what blower you runnin? i would think you should have more boost than that at 25% od.

i was at 17psi unported 95 blower at 10% od. now i have a MP3 and was at 25% od with bad slip with the springs, it did grip once and i saw 25 psi before the valves floated. now i'm at 20% od and seeing 20psi and climbing at 4800 rpm before the valves float. I think my slip broblem was from the scp 5% jackshaft pulley the belt seems to be riding on the peaks of the pulley.

back to the point. i like the springs, easy to install and have to be doing something.

no i dont have an intercooler. i needed one but i have to custom fit one since my radiator is twice the size as your guys. but i am in the process of possibly getting a front mount.

i havent checked compression yet my car stock with no blower runs 9.1:1 but with the blower setup i was informed i would be running between 10:1 and 11:1
Putting a blower on does not increase compression ratio. Static compression stays the same.

Cylinder pressure at WOT, with a blower, is the only increase of compression.

no i dont have an intercooler. i needed one but i have to custom fit one since my radiator is twice the size as your guys. but i am in the process of possibly getting a front mount.

With 15psi it isnt much a wonder why yer gaskets went south..There are stang guys out there using a tbird sized rad and teh factory tbird IC setup

Just an FYI

No intercooler with an M90 is a bad thing. Yes that is the reason why you would be having HG problems.

I would look into that ASAP.

With 15psi it isnt much a wonder why yer gaskets went south..There are stang guys out there using a tbird sized rad and teh factory tbird IC setup

Just an FYI

With 15 psi and 9.1:1 compression and no IC, that is. That shouldn't be a big problem with a stock SC motor ( 8.5:1 ??? ). If the money permits, I would get an IC, a methanol injection setup, and a 2-position chip to use the methanol most effectively. That should keep you out of detonation for sure.

Back