Well.. weekend at St. Thomas was great for me

drummerzrok24

I was at the track all weekend, making about 30 some passes. My car ran really strong all weekend with alot of low 15.2-15.1 and the one 15.099 pass. I had some issues with SC belt slip but that's another story. This was Friday night.

So Saturday morning comes around...
I decided to do some bracket racing to maybe make some money. Well.. after listening to everybody, I dialed in at 15.05. I ran steady 15.21's during the 3 test runs. So comes the time to the first round. I launch, zero spin, peddle the car out of the hole, and everything is perfect, 15+psi on stock gauge, track is really sticky, nice and cool outside also. As I get closer and closer to the finish line, I realize this is one hell of a run and I slam the brakes for a good second. I get my time slip and .... 15.047 on a 15.05 dial-in!!!! Reaction time... .509!!!! 60ft. 2.002!!! I was pissed..... well.. I was happy.. but I should have just stayed in it to see if I could have went 14.7's... so I brokeout, got elimanated.. ah well.

Later on Saturday, I decide to go for a few runs again. First run, 15.0 with lots of belt slip. Second run, 14.9 with lots of belt slip, third run.... 14.8 @ 91mph with a wack load of belt slip and squeel. I was amazed. Cause my car kept on surging as it made more boost. Well... as I was going down the track, i saw alot of smoke coming from the engine bay and so did everybody else. I get to the camp site, pop the hood... I smoked 6 of the 8 ribs right off the belt!!!! Time to fix that problem.

All in all.. great and amazing weekend. Props to St. Thomas for holding one killer event.

Later

Jean

comment please! lol.

Congrats man, a 2 flat 60ft is 99% perfect on street tires, you dont see that to often, my first time at the track i pulled off a 14.8 with a 2.01 60ft, get a good dayco or gatorback belt on there, maybe new idler pulleys and you should be good to go.

Question for you, does tech ever give you beef about your lambo doors?

Bruce

hey man you're silver beast was going good i was out at the track on friday night and seen you make a few passes i was also out on sunday with some buddies and their stangs giving her all she is worth all and all a good weekend now to mod my t-bird and giver

Thanks. I have a 80392 Gatorback on it right now.. so I'm going to try something different. Only mods engine wise done to my car are CAI, 10% OD Pulley and 3/4 Raised Top.

They kinda said something about the doors, but I told them to do whatever it takes to get me out of my car if they had too! I'm real happy with the times. All I wanted was a 14.99 so I'm pretty happy. Now that winter is on its way in... time for the engine swap to begin! I cannot wait for that!

no exaust mods? carefull on that boost with the 10%, quick way to lift the heads, but if your putting a new motor in, giv'r blow the gaskets, put on a good show!

yea great show! I was really stoked during your run. I stood grass yelling brake! brake! with tons of people giving me funny looks. We've got tons of pictures from the weekend, and I was sure to get a bunch of that sick bird. Unfortuantly everyt time I took pictures in the bits the lambo bird was no where to be seen :(

http://www.cmsports.com/gallery2/

check it out, I think theres like 100 pages all together though...

oh yea jean, im going to throw a bunch more ina photobucket account for you later, I just looked through all the pictures online and not a single picture I took of your bird is up on the site. Ive got a sequence of a burnout that would be real cool for a sig or an avatar i could wip up.

Thanks Brandon! All my friends were trying to Mike me to tell me to brake, but my phone was in a glovebox and could not hear it due to that sick blower whine!
But yea, I would love to see the pics you have of my car that are not up on the site. I know there are a few, but a sig with the burnout would be awsome in a sequence. Everytime I saw someobody taking pictures, I just kept on doing burnouts!!

Thanks for the kind words!

Later

Jean

Back