'93 SC Engine For Sale

txsc

I just posted a '93 engine for sale on the "FOR SALE" forum. It's not mine, but is in a local car being parted out (I'm getting the trans). It was SUPPOSEDLY rebuilt 8,000 miles ago; who knows. He priced it to me at $300, but I think it can be bought for less. It's a complete assembly including S/C, intercooler, etc, and in the car right now, but he'll pull it out.

It's located in New Braunfels, TX. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll get you his contact information.

Cheers,

JD

TbirdSCFan said:
After the engine, do you know which parts are going to be sold? :cool:

The whole thing - he wants it all gone. It's in rough condition, and there are some parts already missing. It's just a rough '93 SC. Odds and ends would be good, and maybe the passenger and rear seats. Drivers is shot. they are grey leather. It's a moonroof car, so the motor, glass and mechanism are probably good. When I go to pick up my transmission, I'll check the car again for anything else that might be decent. He shot me $500 for the whole car, but I only needed the trans, and I don't have anyplace to put a parts car.

JD

What color is the exterior? I need a red bumper cover which isn't banged up too much.

Might be worth a drive down to have a few hot wings and look it over. I would probably bring the El Paso car as its running now; just needs some cosmetic work and ... a windshield. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you're going to dispose of the old tranny, I could use an output shaft, or another way to look at it is if you need a rebuilder, I have a spare AOD with a broken output shaft sitting around collecting leaves. I have no idea how well it shifts; the fluid was well used, but not burnt smelling. :cool:

TbirdSCFan said:
What color is the exterior? I need a red bumper cover which isn't banged up too much.

Might be worth a drive down to have a few hot wings and look it over. I would probably bring the El Paso car as its running now; just needs some cosmetic work and ... a windshield. :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you're going to dispose of the old tranny, I could use an output shaft, or another way to look at it is if you need a rebuilder, I have a spare AOD with a broken output shaft sitting around collecting leaves. I have no idea how well it shifts; the fluid was well used, but not burnt smelling. :cool:

The car is white, with a BAD paint job. I think the bumper cover is decent, but I'll look it over closely when I go get the trans. If it's not torn, do you want it? I'll bet I can get a decent price; what's your budget? I can pull it off and take it to the house. Let me know.

On the trans, I'm going to use this one for the titanium car if it ever needs it. If so, I'll hold the take-out in reserve as a rebuilder. I'll keep my eyes open for another SC trans. I'm going to try and figure out how to differentiate the SC trans from the N/A versions from the outside so i can spot them easier at salvage yards, etc.

If the bumper cover isn't torn, not too many gouges, and looks to be repairable with filler such that from the front you can't see significant defects, then feel free to make an offer. Paint condition doesn't matter. I'd say up to $75 :confused: is probably worth it. I have access to another cover that is better than what I have, but it would need some patching and paint but it has no SC inset.

Other things I'd be interested in:

Working stereo (OEM or not) with cover plate.. $25
Uncracked dash (not likely).. $100
Floor mats $20
Brake hydraulic unit $50
A/C compressor $25, lines $25, and condenser $25
unstained spare tire cover board $15
headlights if housings are not cracked $25
I might take the seats also.. I'm thinking about it.
Hows the carpeting?

Thanks Jerry,
Happy hunting

Last edited:
TbirdSCFan said:
If the bumper cover isn't torn, not too many gouges, and looks to be repairable with filler such that from the front you can't see significant defects, then feel free to make an offer. Paint condition doesn't matter. I'd say up to $75 :confused: is probably worth it. I have access to another cover that is better than what I have, but it would need some patching and paint but it has no SC inset.

Floor mats $20
Brake hydraulic unit $50
Hows the carpeting?

Thanks Jerry,
Happy hunting

I'll check the bumper cover tomorrow. No stereo in car. The dash MIGHT be in good condition, but it doesn't have the roll-top compartment, and it's grey. No floor mats. Brake cyl. gone, I think. Some of the A/C stuff is there, but has been opened to atmoshphere. Haven't opened the trunk so the spare cover MIGHT be good. The front end is trashed so headlamps are gone. I'll look at the seats closer. Carpet is probably trash, but I'll check.

TbirdSCFan said:

Floor mats $20
Brake hydraulic unit $50
Hows the carpeting?

Thanks Jerry,
Happy hunting

I just realized that you probably mean the FRONT bumper cover. I'm talking about the REAR. The front end on this car is shot. However, stay tuned; I might have another lead for you.

JD

Back